Study protocol for the SARON trial: a multicentre, randomised controlled phase III trial comparing the addition of stereotactic ablative radiotherapy and radical radiotherapy with standard chemotherapy alone for oligometastatic non-small cell lung cancer.
AffiliationSt Bartholomew's Hospital, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFollowing growing evidence to support the safety, local control (LC) and potential improvement in overall survival (OS) in patients with oligometastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that have been treated with local ablative therapy such as stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR) and stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), we initiate the SARON trial to investigate the impact and feasibility of adding SABR/SRS and radical radiotherapy (RRT) following standard chemotherapy on OS.
CitationStudy protocol for the SARON trial: a multicentre, randomised controlled phase III trial comparing the addition of stereotactic ablative radiotherapy and radical radiotherapy with standard chemotherapy alone for oligometastatic non-small cell lung cancer. 2018, 8(4): BMJ Open
- A phase II randomized trial of Observation versus stereotactic ablative RadiatIon for OLigometastatic prostate CancEr (ORIOLE).
- Authors: Radwan N, Phillips R, Ross A, Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Antonarakis ES, Deville C, Greco S, Denmeade S, Paller C, Song DY, Diehn M, Wang H, Carducci M, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, DeWeese TL, Dicker A, Eisenberger M, Tran PT
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 29
- Stereotactic ablative radiotherapy for comprehensive treatment of oligometastatic tumors (SABR-COMET): study protocol for a randomized phase II trial.
- Authors: Palma DA, Haasbeek CJ, Rodrigues GB, Dahele M, Lock M, Yaremko B, Olson R, Liu M, Panarotto J, Griffioen GH, Gaede S, Slotman B, Senan S
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 23
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy (SABR) in Pulmonary Oligometastatic/Oligorecurrent Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Patients: A New Therapeutic Approach.
- Authors: Agolli L, Valeriani M, Nicosia L, Bracci S, De Sanctis V, Minniti G, Enrici RM, Osti MF
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Stereotactic ablative body radiotherapy for lung cancer.
- Authors: Franks KN, Jain P, Snee MP
- Issue date: 2015 May
- 7-year follow-up after stereotactic ablative radiotherapy for patients with stage I non-small cell lung cancer: Results of a phase 2 clinical trial.
- Authors: Sun B, Brooks ED, Komaki RU, Liao Z, Jeter MD, McAleer MF, Allen PK, Balter PA, Welsh JD, O'Reilly MS, Gomez D, Hahn SM, Roth JA, Mehran RJ, Heymach JV, Chang JY
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 15