Study protocol for the SARON trial: a multicentre, randomised controlled phase III trial comparing the addition of stereotactic ablative radiotherapy and radical radiotherapy with standard chemotherapy alone for oligometastatic non-small cell lung cancer.
AffiliationSt Bartholomew's Hospital, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFollowing growing evidence to support the safety, local control (LC) and potential improvement in overall survival (OS) in patients with oligometastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that have been treated with local ablative therapy such as stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR) and stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS), we initiate the SARON trial to investigate the impact and feasibility of adding SABR/SRS and radical radiotherapy (RRT) following standard chemotherapy on OS.
CitationStudy protocol for the SARON trial: a multicentre, randomised controlled phase III trial comparing the addition of stereotactic ablative radiotherapy and radical radiotherapy with standard chemotherapy alone for oligometastatic non-small cell lung cancer. 2018, 8(4): BMJ Open
- Stereotactic ablative body radiotherapy (SABR) combined with immunotherapy (L19-IL2) versus standard of care in stage IV NSCLC patients, ImmunoSABR: a multicentre, randomised controlled open-label phase II trial.
- Authors: Lieverse RIY, Van Limbergen EJ, Oberije CJG, Troost EGC, Hadrup SR, Dingemans AC, Hendriks LEL, Eckert F, Hiley C, Dooms C, Lievens Y, de Jong MC, Bussink J, Geets X, Valentini V, Elia G, Neri D, Billiet C, Abdollahi A, Pasquier D, Boisselier P, Yaromina A, De Ruysscher D, Dubois LJ, Lambin P
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 15
- Consolidative Radiotherapy for Limited Metastatic Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A Phase 2 Randomized Clinical Trial.
- Authors: Iyengar P, Wardak Z, Gerber DE, Tumati V, Ahn C, Hughes RS, Dowell JE, Cheedella N, Nedzi L, Westover KD, Pulipparacharuvil S, Choy H, Timmerman RD
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 11
- Protocol for a phase II randomised controlled trial of TKI alone versus TKI and local consolidative radiation therapy in patients with oncogene driver-mutated oligometastatic non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Tibdewal A, Agarwal J, Mummudi N, Noronha V, Prabhash K, Patil V, Purandare N, Janu A, Kaushal R, Kannan S
- Issue date: 2021 Feb 15
- Consolidative stereotactic ablative radiotherapy (SABR) to intrapulmonary lesions is associated with prolonged progression-free survival and overall survival in oligometastatic NSCLC patients: A prospective phase 2 study.
- Authors: Blake-Cerda M, Lozano-Ruíz F, Maldonado-Magos F, de la Mata-Moya D, Díaz-García D, Lara-Mejía L, Zatarain-Barrón ZL, Cuevas-Góngora MF, Barron-Barron F, Corona-Cruz JF, Cabrera-Miranda L, Arroyo-Hernández M, Gerson R, Arrieta O
- Issue date: 2021 Feb
- A phase II randomized trial of Observation versus stereotactic ablative RadiatIon for OLigometastatic prostate CancEr (ORIOLE).
- Authors: Radwan N, Phillips R, Ross A, Rowe SP, Gorin MA, Antonarakis ES, Deville C, Greco S, Denmeade S, Paller C, Song DY, Diehn M, Wang H, Carducci M, Pienta KJ, Pomper MG, DeWeese TL, Dicker A, Eisenberger M, Tran PT
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 29