A novel approach to improving ambulatory outpatient management of low risk febrile neutropenia: an enhanced supportive care (ESC) clinic.
AffiliationDepartment of Acute Medicine and Critical Care, The Christie, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOutpatient management of low risk febrile neutropenia patients (LRFN) identified by the MASCC score is a safe and effective strategy. Early supportive care has been shown to improve outcomes in patients with care. We developed an innovative ambulatory outpatient "enhanced supportive care" (ESC) clinic combining emergency oncology and supportive care through which we incorporated the management of patients with LRFN.
CitationA novel approach to improving ambulatory outpatient management of low risk febrile neutropenia: an enhanced supportive care (ESC) clinic. 2018, Support Care Cancer
JournalSupportive Care in Cancer
- Emergency Ambulatory Management of Low-Risk Febrile Neutropenia: Multinational Association for Supportive Care in Cancer Fits-Real-World Experience From a UK Cancer Center.
- Authors: Marshall W, Campbell G, Knight T, Al-Sayed T, Cooksley T
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- [Modalities of management of cancer patients with febrile neutropenia in the oncology emergency unit of Gustave-Roussy and their related costs].
- Authors: Borget I, Antoun S, Chachaty E, Gachot B, Alibay A, Di Palma M, Merad M
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Comparison of the MASCC and CISNE scores for identifying low-risk neutropenic fever patients: analysis of data from three emergency departments of cancer centers in three continents.
- Authors: Ahn S, Rice TW, Yeung SJ, Cooksley T
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Outpatient management of febrile neutropenia associated with cancer chemotherapy: risk stratification and treatment review.
- Authors: Pherwani N, Ghayad JM, Holle LM, Karpiuk EL
- Issue date: 2015 Apr 15
- Potential reduction of hospital stay length with outpatient management of low-risk febrile neutropenia in a regional cancer center.
- Authors: Nguyen M, Jacobson T, Torres J, Wann A
- Issue date: 2021 Jun