Dosimetric comparison of five different techniques for craniospinal irradiation across 15 European centers: analysis on behalf of the SIOP-E-BTG (radiotherapy working group).
Whitfield, Gillian A
Marchant, Thomas E
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology , University Medical Center Utrecht and Princess Maxima Centre for Pediatric Oncology , Utrecht , The Netherlands
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConventional techniques (3D-CRT) for craniospinal irradiation (CSI) are still widely used. Modern techniques (IMRT, VMAT, TomoTherapy®, proton pencil beam scanning [PBS]) are applied in a limited number of centers. For a 14-year-old patient, we aimed to compare dose distributions of five CSI techniques applied across Europe and generated according to the participating institute protocols, therefore representing daily practice.
CitationDosimetric comparison of five different techniques for craniospinal irradiation across 15 European centers: analysis on behalf of the SIOP-E-BTG (radiotherapy working group). 2018, 1-10 Acta Oncol
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy and volumetric-modulated arc therapy for adult craniospinal irradiation--a comparison with traditional techniques.
- Authors: Studenski MT, Shen X, Yu Y, Xiao Y, Shi W, Biswas T, Werner-Wasik M, Harrison AS
- Issue date: 2013 Spring
- Comparing conformal, arc radiotherapy and helical tomotherapy in craniospinal irradiation planning.
- Authors: Myers PA, Mavroidis P, Papanikolaou N, Stathakis S
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 8
- Craniospinal irradiation techniques: a dosimetric comparison of proton beams with standard and advanced photon radiotherapy.
- Authors: Yoon M, Shin DH, Kim J, Kim JW, Kim DW, Park SY, Lee SB, Kim JY, Park HJ, Park BK, Shin SH
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 1
- Out-of-field doses from pediatric craniospinal irradiations using 3D-CRT, IMRT, helical tomotherapy and electron-based therapy.
- Authors: De Saint-Hubert M, Verellen D, Poels K, Crijns W, Magliona F, Depuydt T, Vanhavere F, Struelens L
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 7
- Treatment planning with protons for pediatric retinoblastoma, medulloblastoma, and pelvic sarcoma: how do protons compare with other conformal techniques?
- Authors: Lee CT, Bilton SD, Famiglietti RM, Riley BA, Mahajan A, Chang EL, Maor MH, Woo SY, Cox JD, Smith AR
- Issue date: 2005 Oct 1