Validation of the EPIPHANY index for predicting risk of serious complications in cancer patients with incidental pulmonary embolism.
AffiliationDepartment of Emergency Medicine, Cancer Emergency Room, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe EPIPHANY index was developed to classify cancer associated pulmonary embolism (PE) into different risk categories using decision tree modeling. In this study, we tried to externally validate this index in a distinct group of patients solely composed of incidental PE (IPE).
CitationValidation of the EPIPHANY index for predicting risk of serious complications in cancer patients with incidental pulmonary embolism. 2018, Support Care Cancer
JournalSupportive Care in Cancer
- Predicting serious complications in patients with cancer and pulmonary embolism using decision tree modelling: the EPIPHANY Index.
- Authors: Carmona-Bayonas A, Jiménez-Fonseca P, Font C, Fenoy F, Otero R, Beato C, Plasencia JM, Biosca M, Sánchez M, Benegas M, Calvo-Temprano D, Varona D, Faez L, de la Haba I, Antonio M, Madridano O, Solis MP, Ramchandani A, Castañón E, Marchena PJ, Martín M, Ayala de la Peña F, Vicente V
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 11
- Risk of recurrent venous thromboembolism and major hemorrhage in cancer-associated incidental pulmonary embolism among treated and untreated patients: a pooled analysis of 926 patients.
- Authors: van der Hulle T, den Exter PL, Planquette B, Meyer G, Soler S, Monreal M, Jiménez D, Portillo AK, O'Connell C, Liebman HA, Shteinberg M, Adir Y, Tiseo M, Bersanelli M, Abdel-Razeq HN, Mansour AH, Donnelly OG, Radhakrishna G, Ramasamy S, Bozas G, Maraveyas A, Shinagare AB, Hatabu H, Nishino M, Huisman MV, Klok FA
- Issue date: 2016 Jan
- Comparison of Different Clinical Prognostic Scores in Patients with Pulmonary Embolism and Active Cancer.
- Authors: Li X, Hu Y, Lin P, Zhang J, Tang Y, Yi Q, Liang Z, Zhou H, Wang M
- Issue date: 2021 Jun
- [Pulmonary embolism in patients with cancer: foundations of the EPIPHANY study].
- Authors: Font C, Carmona-Bayonas A, Plasencia JM, Calvo-Temprano D, Sánchez M, Jiménez-Fonseca P, Beato C, Biosca M, Vicente V, Otero R, en representación de los Investigadores del Proyecto EPIPHANY
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- Risk stratifying emergency department patients with acute pulmonary embolism: Does the simplified Pulmonary Embolism Severity Index perform as well as the original?
- Authors: Vinson DR, Ballard DW, Mark DG, Huang J, Reed ME, Rauchwerger AS, Wang DH, Lin JS, Kene MV, Pleshakov TS, Sax DK, Sax JM, McLachlan DI, Yamin CK, Swap CJ, Iskin HR, Vemula R, Fleming BS, Elms AR, Aujesky D, MAPLE investigators of the KP CREST Network
- Issue date: 2016 Dec