A review of approaches to 18 F radiolabelling affinity peptides and proteins.
AffiliationWolfson Molecular Imaging Centre, The University of Manchester, UKCRUK/EPSRC Imaging Centre in Cambridge & Manchester, The University of Manchester, UKWolfson Molecular Imaging Centre, The University of Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAffinity peptide and protein- (APP) based radiotracers are an increasingly popular class of radiotracer in positron emission tomography (PET), which was once dominated by the use of small molecule radiotracers. Radiolabelled monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) are important examples of APPs, yet a preference for smaller APPs, which exhibit fast pharmacokinetics and permit rapid PET aided diagnosis, has become apparent. 18 F exhibits favourable physical characteristics for APP radiolabelling and has been described as an ideal PET radionuclide. Notwithstanding, 18 F radiolabelling of APP is challenging, and this is echoed in the literature where a number of diverse approaches have been adopted. This review seeks to assess and compare the approaches taken to 18 F APP radiolabelling with the intention of highlighting trends within this expanding field. Generic themes have emerged in the literature, namely the use of mild radiolabelling conditions, a preference of site-specific methodologies with an impetus for short, automated procedures which produce high-yielding [18 F]APPs.
CitationA review of approaches to 18 F radiolabelling affinity peptides and proteins. 2018, J Labelled Comp Radiopharm
JournalJournal of Labelled Compounds and Radiopharmaceuticals
- Initial Evaluation of AF78: a Rationally Designed Fluorine-18-Labelled PET Radiotracer Targeting Norepinephrine Transporter.
- Authors: Chen X, Fritz A, Werner RA, Nose N, Yagi Y, Kimura H, Rowe SP, Koshino K, Decker M, Higuchi T
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Automated synthesis of PET radiotracers by copper-mediated <sup>18</sup> F-fluorination of organoborons: Importance of the order of addition and competing protodeborylation.
- Authors: Mossine AV, Brooks AF, Bernard-Gauthier V, Bailey JJ, Ichiishi N, Schirrmacher R, Sanford MS, Scott PJH
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- An efficient new method for the synthesis of 3-[<sup>18</sup> F]fluoro-4-aminopyridine via Yamada-Curtius rearrangement.
- Authors: Basuli F, Zhang X, Brugarolas P, Reich DS, Swenson RE
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Light-Triggered Radiochemical Synthesis: A Novel <sup>18</sup>F-Labelling Strategy Using Photoinducible Click Reaction to Prepare PET Imaging Probes.
- Authors: Choi JH, Oh D, Kim IS, Kim HS, Kim M, Kim EM, Lim ST, Sohn MH, Kim DH, Jeong HJ
- Issue date: 2018
- Automated synthesis of [(18)F](2S,4R)-4-fluoroglutamine on a GE TRACERlab™ FX-N Pro module.
- Authors: Zhang X, Basuli F, Shi ZD, Xu B, Blackman B, Choyke PL, Swenson RE
- Issue date: 2016 Jun