PEPtalk2: results of a pilot randomised controlled trial to compare VZIG and aciclovir as postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) against chickenpox in children with cancer.
Makin, Guy W J
AffiliationDepartment of Paediatric Oncology, University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Southampton, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo determine the likely rate of patient randomisation and to facilitate sample size calculation for a full-scale phase III trial of varicella zoster immunoglobulin (VZIG) and aciclovir as postexposure prophylaxis against chickenpox in children with cancer.
CitationPEPtalk2: results of a pilot randomised controlled trial to compare VZIG and aciclovir as postexposure prophylaxis (PEP) against chickenpox in children with cancer. 2018, Arch Dis Child
JournalArchives of disease in childhood
- PEPtalk: postexposure prophylaxis against varicella in children with cancer.
- Authors: Bate J, Chisholm J, Heath PT, Breuer J, Skinner R, Manley S, Patel S, Wheatley K, Ramsay M, Kearns PR, Hambleton S
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Preventing varicella in children with malignancies: what is the evidence?
- Authors: Fisher JP, Bate J, Hambleton S
- Issue date: 2011 Jun
- Persistence of protective immunity after postexposure prophylaxis of varicella with oral aciclovir in the family setting.
- Authors: Yoshikawa T, Suga S, Kozawa T, Kawaguchi S, Asano Y
- Issue date: 1998 Jan
- Aciclovir and varicella-zoster-immunoglobulin in solid-organ transplant recipients.
- Authors: Prelog M, Schönlaub J, Zimmerhackl LB
- Issue date: 2011 May