Psychological impact of providing women with personalised 10-year breast cancer risk estimates.
AffiliationManchester Centre of Health Psychology, School of Health Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PL, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe Predicting Risk of Cancer at Screening (PROCAS) study estimated 10-year breast cancer risk for 53,596 women attending NHS Breast Screening Programme. The present study, nested within the PROCAS study, aimed to assess the psychological impact of receiving breast cancer risk estimates, based on: (a) the Tyrer-Cuzick (T-C) algorithm including breast density or (b) T-C including breast density plus single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs), versus (c) comparison women awaiting results.
CitationPsychological impact of providing women with personalised 10-year breast cancer risk estimates. 2018 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- What are the benefits and harms of risk stratified screening as part of the NHS breast screening Programme? Study protocol for a multi-site non-randomised comparison of BC-predict versus usual screening (NCT04359420).
- Authors: French DP, Astley S, Brentnall AR, Cuzick J, Dobrashian R, Duffy SW, Gorman LS, Harkness EF, Harrison F, Harvie M, Howell A, Jerrison A, Machin M, Maxwell AJ, McWilliams L, Payne K, Qureshi N, Ruane H, Sampson S, Stavrinos P, Thorpe E, Ulph F, van Staa T, Woof V, Evans DG
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 18
- Use of Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms and Mammographic Density Plus Classic Risk Factors for Breast Cancer Risk Prediction.
- Authors: van Veen EM, Brentnall AR, Byers H, Harkness EF, Astley SM, Sampson S, Howell A, Newman WG, Cuzick J, Evans DGR
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 1
- A qualitative study on Singaporean women's views towards breast cancer screening and Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs) gene testing to guide personalised screening strategies.
- Authors: Wong XY, Chong KJ, van Til JA, Wee HL
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 21
- The impact of a panel of 18 SNPs on breast cancer risk in women attending a UK familial screening clinic: a case-control study.
- Authors: Evans DG, Brentnall A, Byers H, Harkness E, Stavrinos P, Howell A, FH-risk study Group., Newman WG, Cuzick J
- Issue date: 2017 Feb