Development of the UK vessel health and preservation (VHP) framework: a multi-organisational collaborative.
AffiliationCalderdale & Huddersfield NHSFT, Huddersfield
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVascular access is an important part of many patient care management plans but has some unwanted risks. Previous work published by Moureau et al. (2012) inspired a working group led by the UK Infection Prevention Society (IPS) to produce a vessel health and preservation (VHP) framework. This was with the intention of producing a resource for frontline staff to be able to assess and select the best vascular access device to meet the individual patient's needs and to preserve veins for future use. The working group produced a framework that used available evidence, expert opinion and some small scale testing of the components of the framework. The work so far has received positive feedback but further work is required to formally evaluate the VHP framework in clinical practice to measure both staff knowledge and patient outcomes.
CitationDevelopment of the UK vessel health and preservation (VHP) framework: a multi-organisational collaborative. 2016, 17(2): 65-72 J Infect Prev
JournalJournal of Infection Prevention
- Vessel Health and Preservation Framework: Use of the outcome logic model for evaluation.
- Authors: Burnett E, Hallam C, Curran ET, Weston V
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- UK Vessel Health and Preservation (VHP) Framework: a commentary on the updated VHP 2020.
- Authors: Hallam C, Denton A, Weston V, Dunn H, Jackson T, Keeling S, Hill S
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- The implementation of the Vessel Health and Preservation framework.
- Authors: Weston V, Nightingale A, O'Loughlin C, Ventura R
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 27
- Using the Vessel Health and Preservation framework to enhance vein assessment and vascular access device selection.
- Authors: Shaw SJ
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 12
- Vessel health and preservation (Part 1): a new evidence-based approach to vascular access selection and management.
- Authors: Moureau NL, Trick N, Nifong T, Perry C, Kelley C, Carrico R, Leavitt M, Gordon SM, Wallace J, Harvill M, Biggar C, Doll M, Papke L, Benton L, Phelan DA
- Issue date: 2012 Jul-Sep