ESTRO ACROP guidelines for target volume definition in the treatment of locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
De Ruysscher, D
Van Houtte, P
AffiliationDepartment of Radiation Oncology, Kliniken Maria Hilf, Moenchengladbach, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRadiotherapy (RT) plays a major role in the curative treatment of locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Therefore, the ACROP committee was asked by the ESTRO to provide recommendations on target volume delineation for standard clinical scenarios in definitive (chemo)radiotherapy (RT) and adjuvant RT for locally advanced NSCLC. The guidelines given here are a result of the evaluation of a structured questionnaire followed by a consensus discussion, voting and writing procedure within the committee. Hence, we provide advice for methods and time-points of diagnostics and imaging before the start of treatment planning and for the mandatory and optional imaging to be used for planning itself. Concerning target volumes, recommendations are given for GTV delineation of primary tumour and lymph nodes followed by issues related to the delineation of CTVs for definitive and adjuvant radiotherapy. In the context of PTV delineation, recommendations about the management of geometric uncertainties and target motion are given. We further provide our opinions on normal tissue delineation and organisational and responsibility questions in the process of target volume delineation. This guideline intends to contribute to the standardisation and optimisation of the process of RT treatment planning for clinical practice and prospective studies.
CitationESTRO ACROP guidelines for target volume definition in the treatment of locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer. 2018, 127(1): 1-5 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Difference in target definition using three different methods to include respiratory motion in radiotherapy of lung cancer.
- Authors: Sloth Møller D, Knap MM, Nyeng TB, Khalil AA, Holt MI, Kandi M, Hoffmann L
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Impact of FDG-PET on radiation therapy volume delineation in non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Bradley J, Thorstad WL, Mutic S, Miller TR, Dehdashti F, Siegel BA, Bosch W, Bertrand RJ
- Issue date: 2004 May 1
- [Target volume margins for lung cancer: internal target volume/clinical target volume].
- Authors: Jouin A, Pourel N
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- ESTRO ACROP consensus guideline on CT- and MRI-based target volume delineation for primary radiation therapy of localized prostate cancer.
- Authors: Salembier C, Villeirs G, De Bari B, Hoskin P, Pieters BR, Van Vulpen M, Khoo V, Henry A, Bossi A, De Meerleer G, Fonteyne V
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Additional PET/CT in week 5-6 of radiotherapy for patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer as a means of dose escalation planning?
- Authors: Gillham C, Zips D, Pönisch F, Evers C, Enghardt W, Abolmaali N, Zöphel K, Appold S, Hölscher T, Steinbach J, Kotzerke J, Herrmann T, Baumann M
- Issue date: 2008 Sep