Adjuvant trastuzumab duration trials in HER2 positive breast cancer - what results would be practice-changing? Persephone investigator questionnaire prior to primary endpoint results.
AffiliationWarwick Clinical Trials Unit, University of Warwick, Coventry
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwelve months treatment is the current standard of care for adjuvant trastuzumab in patients with HER2 positive early breast cancer however the optimal duration is not known. Persephone is a non-inferiority randomised controlled trial comparing 6- to 12-months of trastuzumab. In this trial there will be a trade-off between a possible small decrease in disease-free survival (DFS) with 6-months and reduced cardiotoxicity and cost.
CitationAdjuvant trastuzumab duration trials in HER2 positive breast cancer - what results would be practice-changing? Persephone investigator questionnaire prior to primary endpoint results. 2018, 18(1): 391 BMC Cancer
- 11 years' follow-up of trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive early breast cancer: final analysis of the HERceptin Adjuvant (HERA) trial.
- Authors: Cameron D, Piccart-Gebhart MJ, Gelber RD, Procter M, Goldhirsch A, de Azambuja E, Castro G Jr, Untch M, Smith I, Gianni L, Baselga J, Al-Sakaff N, Lauer S, McFadden E, Leyland-Jones B, Bell R, Dowsett M, Jackisch C, Herceptin Adjuvant (HERA) Trial Study Team.
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 25
- A phase 2 randomized trial to evaluate the impact of a supervised exercise program on cardiotoxicity at 3 months in patients with HER2 overexpressing breast cancer undergoing adjuvant treatment by trastuzumab: design of the CARDAPAC study.
- Authors: Jacquinot Q, Meneveau N, Chatot M, Bonnetain F, Degano B, Bouhaddi M, Dumoulin G, Vernerey D, Pivot X, Mougin F
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 19
- Duration of adjuvant trastuzumab in HER2 positive breast cancer: Overall and disease free survival results from meta-analyses of randomized controlled trials.
- Authors: Gyawali B, Niraula S
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Incidence and identification of risk factors for trastuzumab-induced cardiotoxicity in breast cancer patients: an audit of a single "real-world" setting.
- Authors: Tang GH, Acuna SA, Sevick L, Yan AT, Brezden-Masley C
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Efficacy and safety of subcutaneous trastuzumab and intravenous trastuzumab as part of adjuvant therapy for HER2-positive early breast cancer: Final analysis of the randomised, two-cohort PrefHer study.
- Authors: Pivot X, Verma S, Fallowfield L, Müller V, Lichinitser M, Jenkins V, Sánchez Muñoz A, Machackova Z, Osborne S, Gligorov J, PrefHer Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Nov