Adjuvant trastuzumab duration trials in HER2 positive breast cancer - what results would be practice-changing? Persephone investigator questionnaire prior to primary endpoint results.
AffiliationWarwick Clinical Trials Unit, University of Warwick, Coventry
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTwelve months treatment is the current standard of care for adjuvant trastuzumab in patients with HER2 positive early breast cancer however the optimal duration is not known. Persephone is a non-inferiority randomised controlled trial comparing 6- to 12-months of trastuzumab. In this trial there will be a trade-off between a possible small decrease in disease-free survival (DFS) with 6-months and reduced cardiotoxicity and cost.
CitationAdjuvant trastuzumab duration trials in HER2 positive breast cancer - what results would be practice-changing? Persephone investigator questionnaire prior to primary endpoint results. 2018, 18(1): 391 BMC Cancer
- 6 versus 12 months of adjuvant trastuzumab for HER2-positive early breast cancer (PERSEPHONE): 4-year disease-free survival results of a randomised phase 3 non-inferiority trial.
- Authors: Earl HM, Hiller L, Vallier AL, Loi S, McAdam K, Hughes-Davies L, Harnett AN, Ah-See ML, Simcock R, Rea D, Raj S, Woodings P, Harries M, Howe D, Raynes K, Higgins HB, Wilcox M, Plummer C, Mansi J, Gounaris I, Mahler-Araujo B, Provenzano E, Chhabra A, Abraham JE, Caldas C, Hall PS, McCabe C, Hulme C, Miles D, Wardley AM, Cameron DA, Dunn JA, PERSEPHONE Steering Committee and Trial Investigators.
- Issue date: 2019 Jun 29
- Short-duration versus 1-year adjuvant trastuzumab in early HER2 positive breast cancer: A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Authors: Chen L, Zhou W, Hu X, Yi M, Ye C, Yao G
- Issue date: 2019 May
- One year versus a shorter duration of adjuvant trastuzumab for HER2-positive early breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Inno A, Barni S, Ghidini A, Zaniboni A, Petrelli F
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Optimal duration of adjuvant trastuzumab in treatment of early breast cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.
- Authors: Niraula S, Gyawali B
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- 11 years' follow-up of trastuzumab after adjuvant chemotherapy in HER2-positive early breast cancer: final analysis of the HERceptin Adjuvant (HERA) trial.
- Authors: Cameron D, Piccart-Gebhart MJ, Gelber RD, Procter M, Goldhirsch A, de Azambuja E, Castro G Jr, Untch M, Smith I, Gianni L, Baselga J, Al-Sakaff N, Lauer S, McFadden E, Leyland-Jones B, Bell R, Dowsett M, Jackisch C, Herceptin Adjuvant (HERA) Trial Study Team.
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 25