Cancer-related information needs and treatment decision-making experiences of people with dementia in England: a multiple perspective qualitative study.
AffiliationChristie Patient Centred Research, School of Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLittle is known about the cancer experience and support needs of people with dementia. In particular, no evidence currently exists to demonstrate the likely complex decision-making processes for this patient group and the oncology healthcare professionals (HCP) involved in their care. The aim of this study was to explore the cancer-related information needs and decision-making experiences of patients with cancer and comorbid dementia, their informal caregivers and oncology HCPs.
CitationCancer-related information needs and treatment decision-making experiences of people with dementia in England: a multiple perspective qualitative study. 2018, 8 (4): BMJ Open
- Perceived unmet needs of informal caregivers of people with dementia in Singapore.
- Authors: Vaingankar JA, Subramaniam M, Picco L, Eng GK, Shafie S, Sambasivam R, Zhang YJ, Sagayadevan V, Chong SA
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Rural and remote dementia care challenges and needs: perspectives of formal and informal care providers residing in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Authors: Dal Bello-Haas VP, Cammer A, Morgan D, Stewart N, Kosteniuk J
- Issue date: 2014
- Palliative care experiences of adult cancer patients from ethnocultural groups: a qualitative systematic review protocol.
- Authors: Busolo D, Woodgate R
- Issue date: 2015 Jan
- 'I'll be in a safe place': a qualitative study of the decisions taken by people with advanced cancer to seek emergency department care.
- Authors: Henson LA, Higginson IJ, Daveson BA, Ellis-Smith C, Koffman J, Morgan M, Gao W, BuildCARE.
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 2
- Involvement of people with dementia in making decisions about their lives: a qualitative study that appraises shared decision-making concerning daycare.
- Authors: Groen-van de Ven L, Smits C, de Graaff F, Span M, Eefsting J, Jukema J, Vernooij-Dassen M
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 12