Protocol for the trismus trial-therabite versus wooden spatula in the amelioration of trismus in patients with head and neck cancer: randomised pilot study.
AffiliationDepartment of Clinical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust Hospital, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatients can develop trismus from their head and neck cancer or as a result of treatment. Trismus affects the jaw muscles and makes mouth opening difficult. To potentially combat trismus, patients could undertake proactive jaw stretching exercises prior to, during and after radiotherapy, although currently these are not the standard of care.
CitationProtocol for the trismus trial-therabite versus wooden spatula in the amelioration of trismus in patients with head and neck cancer: randomised pilot study. 2018, 8 (3): BMJ Open
- Randomised feasibility study to compare the use of Therabite<sup>®</sup> with wooden spatulas to relieve and prevent trismus in patients with cancer of the head and neck.
- Authors: Lee R, Yeo ST, Rogers SN, Caress AL, Molassiotis A, Ryder D, Sanghera P, Lunt C, Scott B, Keeley P, Edwards RT, Slevin N
- Issue date: 2018 May
- The use of stretching devices for treatment of trismus in head and neck cancer patients: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: van der Geer SJ, Reintsema H, Kamstra JI, Roodenburg JLN, Dijkstra PU
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- Treating trismus: A prospective study on effect and compliance to jaw exercise therapy in head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Pauli N, Andréll P, Johansson M, Fagerberg-Mohlin B, Finizia C
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Exercise adherence in patients with trismus due to head and neck oncology: a qualitative study into the use of the Therabite.
- Authors: Melchers LJ, Van Weert E, Beurskens CH, Reintsema H, Slagter AP, Roodenburg JL, Dijkstra PU
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- TheraBite exercises to treat trismus secondary to head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Kamstra JI, Roodenburg JL, Beurskens CH, Reintsema H, Dijkstra PU
- Issue date: 2013 Apr