Pre-treatment tumour perfusion parameters and initial RECIST response do not predict long-term survival outcomes for patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma treated with induction chemotherapy.
AuthorsLowe, Natalie M
Kershaw, Lucy E
Bernstein, Jonathan M
Mais, Kathleen L
Homer, Jarrod J
Slevin, Nicholas J
Bonington, Suzanne C
Carrington, Bernadette M
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, University of Manchester, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPreviously, we showed that pre-treatment tumour plasma perfusion (Fp) predicts RECIST response to induction chemotherapy (ICT) in locoregionally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC). The aim here was to determine whether the pre-treatment tumour Fp estimate, changes in tumour Fp or RECIST response post 2 cycles of ICT were prognostic for long-term survival outcomes.
CitationPre-treatment tumour perfusion parameters and initial RECIST response do not predict long-term survival outcomes for patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma treated with induction chemotherapy. 2018, 13 (3):e0194841 PLoS One
- The efficacy of induction chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil combined with cisplatin concurrent chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: a matched pair analysis.
- Authors: Teo M, Karakaya E, Young CA, Dyker KE, Coyle C, Sen M, Prestwich RJ
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Induction chemotherapy with TPF (Docetaxel, Carboplatin and Fluorouracil) in the treatment of locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Authors: Schultz JD, Bran G, Anders C, Sadick H, Faber A, Hörmann K, Sauter A
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Induction Chemotherapy and Sequential Concomitant Chemo-radiation in Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancers: How Induction-phase Intensity and Treatment Breaks May Impact on Clinical Outcomes.
- Authors: Franco P, Potenza I, Schena M, Riva G, Pecorari G, Garzino Demo P, Fasolis M, Moretto F, Garzaro M, Di Muzio J, Melano M, Airoldi M, Ragona R, Rampino M, Ricardi U
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Betel nut chewing history is an independent prognosticator for smoking patients with locally advanced stage IV head and neck squamous cell carcinoma receiving induction chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin, and fluorouracil.
- Authors: Su YY, Chien CY, Luo SD, Huang TL, Lin WC, Fang FM, Chiu TJ, Chen YH, Lai CC, Hsu CM, Li SH
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 22
- Induction chemotherapy in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma of the paranasal sinus and nasal cavity: a role in organ preservation.
- Authors: Ock CY, Keam B, Kim TM, Han DH, Won TB, Lee SH, Hah JH, Kwon TK, Kim DW, Kim DY, Rhee CS, Wu HG, Sung MW, Heo DS
- Issue date: 2016 May