Centralising specialist cancer surgery services in England: survey of factors that matter to patients and carers and health professionals.
Maddineni, Satish B
Shackley, David C
AffiliationDepartment of Applied Health Research, University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe centralisation of specialist cancer surgical services across London Cancer and Greater Manchester Cancer, England, may significantly change how patients experience care. These centres are changing specialist surgical pathways for several cancers including prostate, bladder, kidney, and oesophago-gastric cancers, increasing the specialisation of centres and providing surgery in fewer hospitals. While there are potential benefits related to centralising services, changes of this kind are often controversial. The aim of this study was to identify factors related to the centralisation of specialist surgical services that are important to patients, carers and health care professionals.
CitationCentralising specialist cancer surgery services in England: survey of factors that matter to patients and carers and health professionals. 2018, 18 (1):226 BMC Cancer
- Reorganising specialist cancer surgery for the twenty-first century: a mixed methods evaluation (RESPECT-21).
- Authors: Fulop NJ, Ramsay AI, Vindrola-Padros C, Aitchison M, Boaden RJ, Brinton V, Clarke CS, Hines J, Hunter RM, Levermore C, Maddineni SB, Melnychuk M, Moore CM, Mughal MM, Perry C, Pritchard-Jones K, Shackley DC, Vickers J, Morris S
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 25
- Discrete-choice experiment to analyse preferences for centralizing specialist cancer surgery services.
- Authors: Vallejo-Torres L, Melnychuk M, Vindrola-Padros C, Aitchison M, Clarke CS, Fulop NJ, Hines J, Levermore C, Maddineni SB, Perry C, Pritchard-Jones K, Ramsay AIG, Shackley DC, Morris S
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Changes in volume, clinical practice and outcome after reorganisation of oesophago-gastric cancer care in England: A longitudinal observational study.
- Authors: Varagunam M, Hardwick R, Riley S, Chadwick G, Cromwell DA, Groene O
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Organisation of Prostate Cancer Services in the English National Health Service.
- Authors: Aggarwal A, Nossiter J, Cathcart P, van der Meulen J, Rashbass J, Clarke N, Payne H
- Issue date: 2016 Aug