PARP inhibitors in platinum-sensitive high-grade serous ovarian cancer.
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPoly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibitors (PARPi) have changed the management of high-grade serous ovarian cancer (HGSOC). The rationale for the development of PARPi was based on the concept of synthetic lethality, in which a cell can survive a deficiency of one gene/gene product, but may die if there is a deficiency in a combination of genes/gene products. In women with BRCA1/2 deficiency within their ovarian cancer tissue, inhibition of PARP imposes an intolerable burden of DNA damage repair deficiency and may induce cell death.
CitationPARP inhibitors in platinum-sensitive high-grade serous ovarian cancer. 2018, 81(4): 647-658 Cancer Chemother Pharmacol
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Update on Poly-ADP-ribose polymerase inhibition for ovarian cancer treatment.
- Authors: Papa A, Caruso D, Strudel M, Tomao S, Tomao F
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 15
- Overall survival in patients with platinum-sensitive recurrent serous ovarian cancer receiving olaparib maintenance monotherapy: an updated analysis from a randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind, phase 2 trial.
- Authors: Ledermann JA, Harter P, Gourley C, Friedlander M, Vergote I, Rustin G, Scott C, Meier W, Shapira-Frommer R, Safra T, Matei D, Fielding A, Spencer S, Rowe P, Lowe E, Hodgson D, Sovak MA, Matulonis U
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Histone methyltransferases EHMT1 and EHMT2 (GLP/G9A) maintain PARP inhibitor resistance in high-grade serous ovarian carcinoma.
- Authors: Watson ZL, Yamamoto TM, McMellen A, Kim H, Hughes CJ, Wheeler LJ, Post MD, Behbakht K, Bitler BG
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 27
- Cediranib, a pan-VEGFR inhibitor, and olaparib, a PARP inhibitor, in combination therapy for high grade serous ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Ivy SP, Liu JF, Lee JM, Matulonis UA, Kohn EC
- Issue date: 2016
- Clinical Application of Poly(ADP-Ribose) Polymerase Inhibitors in High-Grade Serous Ovarian Cancer.
- Authors: Parkes EE, Kennedy RD
- Issue date: 2016 May