An outpatient, dose-intense, intravenous cisplatin and oral etoposide regimen for the treatment of advanced, platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.
AuthorsMorgan, Robert David
Clamp, Andrew R
Mitchell, Claire L
Jayson, Gordon C
AffiliationThe Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdvanced-stage, platinum-resistant, ovarian cancer can be treated with dose-intense chemotherapy; one such regimen includes intravenous cisplatin and oral etoposide. To minimize the toxicity associated with weekly cisplatin, pretreatment and posttreatment hydration is required, often necessitating inpatient, overnight admission. We report a shorter, within-day regimen for delivering weekly cisplatin.
CitationAn outpatient, dose-intense, intravenous cisplatin and oral etoposide regimen for the treatment of advanced, platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. 2018, 28(3): 448-452 Int J Gynecol Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Gynecological Cancer
- An Outpatient, Dose-Intense, Intravenous Cisplatin and Oral Etoposide Regimen for the Treatment of Advanced, Platinum-Resistant Ovarian Cancer.
- Authors: Morgan RD, Clamp AR, Hasan J, Mitchell C, Saunders G, Mescallado N, Welch R, Jayson GC
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Experience with intraperitoneal cisplatin and etoposide and i.v. sodium thiosulphate protection in ovarian cancer patients with either pathologically complete response or minimal residual disease.
- Authors: van Rijswijk RE, Hoekman K, Burger CW, Verheijen RH, Vermorken JB
- Issue date: 1997 Dec
- Schedule dependency of 21-day oral versus 3-day intravenous etoposide in combination with intravenous cisplatin in extensive-stage small-cell lung cancer: a randomized phase III study of the Cancer and Leukemia Group B.
- Authors: Miller AA, Herndon JE 2nd, Hollis DR, Ellerton J, Langleben A, Richards F 2nd, Green MR
- Issue date: 1995 Aug
- Weekly cisplatin and daily oral etoposide is highly effective in platinum pretreated ovarian cancer.
- Authors: van der Burg ME, de Wit R, van Putten WL, Logmans A, Kruit WH, Stoter G, Verweij J
- Issue date: 2002 Jan 7
- Feasibility and safety of a modified outpatient regimen with intravenous/intraperitoneal chemotherapy for optimally debulked stage III ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Bruixola G, Domingo S, Díaz R, Caballero J, Palomar L, De La Cueva H, Santaballa A
- Issue date: 2015 Feb