Five -year outcomes for frontline brentuximab vedotin with CHP for CD30 expressing peripheral T-cell lymphomas.
Illidge, Timothy M
AffiliationUniversity of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, United States
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis phase 1 study evaluated frontline brentuximab vedotin in combination with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, and prednisone (BV+CHP; 6 cycles, then up to 10 cycles of brentuximab vedotin monotherapy) in 26 patients with CD30-positive peripheral T-cell lymphoma, including 19 with systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma. All patients (100%) achieved an objective response, with a complete remission rate of 92%, and none received a consolidative stem cell transplant. After a median observation period of 59.6 months (range, 4.6 to 66.0 months) from first dose, neither the median progression-free survival (PFS) nor the median overall survival (OS) was reached. No progression or death was observed beyond 35 months. The estimated 5 year PFS and OS rates were 52% and 80%, respectively. Eighteen of 19 patients (95%) with treatment-emergent peripheral neuropathy reported resolution or improvement of symptoms. Thirteen patients (50%) remained in remission at end of study, with PFS ranging from 37.8+ to 66.0+ months. Eight of these 13 patients received the maximum 16 cycles of study treatment. These final results demonstrate durable remissions in 50% of patients treated with frontline BV+CHP, suggesting a potentially curative treatment option for some patients. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as # NCT01309789.
CitationFive-year outcomes for frontline brentuximab vedotin with CHP for CD30 expressing peripheral T-cell lymphomas. 2018, Blood
DescriptionLymphoma Research Team
- Brentuximab vedotin in the front-line treatment of patients with CD30+ peripheral T-cell lymphomas: results of a phase I study.
- Authors: Fanale MA, Horwitz SM, Forero-Torres A, Bartlett NL, Advani RH, Pro B, Chen RW, Davies A, Illidge T, Huebner D, Kennedy DA, Shustov AR
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 1
- Brentuximab vedotin with chemotherapy for CD30-positive peripheral T-cell lymphoma (ECHELON-2): a global, double-blind, randomised, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Horwitz S, O'Connor OA, Pro B, Illidge T, Fanale M, Advani R, Bartlett NL, Christensen JH, Morschhauser F, Domingo-Domenech E, Rossi G, Kim WS, Feldman T, Lennard A, Belada D, Illés Á, Tobinai K, Tsukasaki K, Yeh SP, Shustov A, Hüttmann A, Savage KJ, Yuen S, Iyer S, Zinzani PL, Hua Z, Little M, Rao S, Woolery J, Manley T, Trümper L, ECHELON-2 Study Group.
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 19
- Incorporation of brentuximab vedotin into first-line treatment of advanced classical Hodgkin's lymphoma: final analysis of a phase 2 randomised trial by the German Hodgkin Study Group.
- Authors: Eichenauer DA, Plütschow A, Kreissl S, Sökler M, Hellmuth JC, Meissner J, Mathas S, Topp MS, Behringer K, Klapper W, Kuhnert G, Dietlein M, Kobe C, Fuchs M, Diehl V, Engert A, Borchmann P
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Brentuximab vedotin plus bendamustine in relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma: an international, multicentre, single-arm, phase 1-2 trial.
- Authors: O'Connor OA, Lue JK, Sawas A, Amengual JE, Deng C, Kalac M, Falchi L, Marchi E, Turenne I, Lichtenstein R, Rojas C, Francescone M, Schwartz L, Cheng B, Savage KJ, Villa D, Crump M, Prica A, Kukreti V, Cremers S, Connors JM, Kuruvilla J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Phase I dose escalation study of the anti-CD2 monoclonal antibody, siplizumab, with DA-EPOCH-R in aggressive peripheral T-cell lymphomas.
- Authors: Roswarski J, Roschewski M, Lucas A, Melani C, Pittaluga S, Jaffe ES, Steinberg SM, Waldmann TA, Wilson WH
- Issue date: 2018 Jun