The effect of kidney volume estimation on dosimetry in lutetium-177 DOTATATE therapy.
AffiliationDepartment of Nuclear Medicine (CMPE), The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe kidneys are the dose-limiting organ in lutetium-177 DOTATATE therapy. Therefore, it is advisable to perform critical organ dosimetry focussed on renal dose in treated patients. A key uncertainty in such dose estimates is the use of standard phantoms to represent the individual patient. The primary aim of this study was to investigate the accuracy of methods for estimating kidney size, and hence absorbed kidney dose, by comparison with individual measurements from computed tomography (CT) imaging.
CitationThe effect of kidney volume estimation on dosimetry in lutetium-177 DOTATATE therapy. 2018, Nucl Med Commun
JournalNuclear Medicine Communications
- The Bad Berka dose protocol: comparative results of dosimetry in peptide receptor radionuclide therapy using (177)Lu-DOTATATE, (177)Lu-DOTANOC, and (177)Lu-DOTATOC.
- Authors: Schuchardt C, Kulkarni HR, Prasad V, Zachert C, Müller D, Baum RP
- Issue date: 2013
- Peptide receptor radionuclide therapy with (177)Lu labeled somatostatin analogs DOTATATE and DOTATOC: contrasting renal dosimetry in the same patient.
- Authors: Kulkarni HR, Schuchardt C, Baum RP
- Issue date: 2013
- 177Lu-[DOTA0,Tyr3] octreotate therapy in patients with disseminated neuroendocrine tumors: Analysis of dosimetry with impact on future therapeutic strategy.
- Authors: Garkavij M, Nickel M, Sjögreen-Gleisner K, Ljungberg M, Ohlsson T, Wingårdh K, Strand SE, Tennvall J
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 15
- Kidney dosimetry during <sup>177</sup>Lu-DOTATATE therapy in patients with neuroendocrine tumors: aspects on calculation and tolerance.
- Authors: Sandström M, Garske-Román U, Johansson S, Granberg D, Sundin A, Freedman N
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Dose response of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors treated with peptide receptor radionuclide therapy using 177Lu-DOTATATE.
- Authors: Ilan E, Sandström M, Wassberg C, Sundin A, Garske-Román U, Eriksson B, Granberg D, Lubberink M
- Issue date: 2015 Feb