A phase 1, open-label, multicentre study to compare the capsule and tablet formulations of AZD5363 and explore the effect of food on the pharmacokinetic exposure, safety and tolerability of AZD5363 in patients with advanced solid malignancies: OAK.
AuthorsDean, Emma J
Krebs, Matthew G
van Brummelen, E
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAZD5363 is a potent pan-AKT inhibitor originally formulated as a capsule; a tablet was developed for patient convenience and manufacturing ease. This study assessed the PK comparability of both formulations (Part A) and the effect of food (Part B) on the PK/safety of the tablet.
CitationA phase 1, open-label, multicentre study to compare the capsule and tablet formulations of AZD5363 and explore the effect of food on the pharmacokinetic exposure, safety and tolerability of AZD5363 in patients with advanced solid malignancies: OAK. 2018, Cancer Chemother Pharmacol
JournalCancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology
- Olaparib tablet formulation: effect of food on the pharmacokinetics after oral dosing in patients with advanced solid tumours.
- Authors: Plummer R, Swaisland H, Leunen K, van Herpen CM, Jerusalem G, De Grève J, Lolkema MP, Soetekouw P, Mau-Sørensen M, Nielsen D, Spicer J, Fielding A, So K, Bannister W, Molife LR
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Single-dose phase I study to evaluate the pharmacokinetics of posaconazole in new tablet and capsule formulations relative to oral suspension.
- Authors: Krishna G, Ma L, Martinho M, O'Mara E
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Randomized phase 1 crossover study assessing the bioequivalence of capsule and tablet formulations of dovitinib (TKI258) in patients with advanced solid tumors.
- Authors: Sarantopoulos J, Goel S, Chung V, Munster P, Pant S, Patel MR, Infante J, Tawbi H, Becerra C, Bruce J, Kabbinavar F, Lockhart AC, Tan E, Yang S, Carlson G, Scott JW, Sharma S
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Differential pharmacokinetics of diclofenac potassium for oral solution vs immediate-release tablets from a randomized trial: effect of fed and fasting conditions.
- Authors: Chen C, Bujanover S, Kareht S, Rapoport AM
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Effects of food on the pharmacokinetics of gemigliptin/metformin sustained-release 50/1,000 mg (25/500 mg x 2 tablets) fixeddose combination tablet in healthy male volunteers.
- Authors: Choi HY, Noh YH, Kim YH, Kim MJ, Lee SH, Kim JA, Kim B, Lim HS, Bae KS
- Issue date: 2014 May