ORY-1001, a potent and selective covalent KDM1A inhibitor, for the treatment of acute leukemia.
Somervaille, Tim C P
Wiseman, Daniel H
AffiliationOryzon Genomics, S.A. Carrer Sant Ferran 74, 08940 Cornella de Llobregat, Spain
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe lysine-specific demethylase KDM1A is a key regulator of stem cell potential in acute myeloid leukemia (AML). ORY-1001 is a highly potent and selective KDM1A inhibitor that induces H3K4me2 accumulation on KDM1A target genes, blast differentiation, and reduction of leukemic stem cell capacity in AML. ORY-1001 exhibits potent synergy with standard-of-care drugs and selective epigenetic inhibitors, reduces growth of an AML xenograft model, and extends survival in a mouse PDX (patient-derived xenograft) model of T cell acute leukemia. Surrogate pharmacodynamic biomarkers developed based on expression changes in leukemia cell lines were translated to samples from patients treated with ORY-1001. ORY-1001 is a selective KDM1A inhibitor in clinical trials and is currently being evaluated in patients with leukemia and solid tumors.
CitationORY-1001, a potent and selective covalent KDM1A inhibitor, for the treatment of acute leukemia. 2018, 33(3): 495-511.e12 Cancer Cell
- Inhibition of the LSD1 (KDM1A) demethylase reactivates the all-trans-retinoic acid differentiation pathway in acute myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Schenk T, Chen WC, Göllner S, Howell L, Jin L, Hebestreit K, Klein HU, Popescu AC, Burnett A, Mills K, Casero RA Jr, Marton L, Woster P, Minden MD, Dugas M, Wang JC, Dick JE, Müller-Tidow C, Petrie K, Zelent A
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 11
- Highly effective combination of LSD1 (KDM1A) antagonist and pan-histone deacetylase inhibitor against human AML cells.
- Authors: Fiskus W, Sharma S, Shah B, Portier BP, Devaraj SG, Liu K, Iyer SP, Bearss D, Bhalla KN
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Nascent transcript and single-cell RNA-seq analysis defines the mechanism of action of the LSD1 inhibitor INCB059872 in myeloid leukemia.
- Authors: Johnston G, Ramsey HE, Liu Q, Wang J, Stengel KR, Sampathi S, Acharya P, Arrate M, Stubbs MC, Burn T, Savona MR, Hiebert SW
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 20
- ORY-1001: Overcoming the Differentiation Block in AML.
- Authors: Bose P, Konopleva MY
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 12
- Pharmacological Inhibition of the Histone Lysine Demethylase KDM1A Suppresses the Growth of Multiple Acute Myeloid Leukemia Subtypes.
- Authors: McGrath JP, Williamson KE, Balasubramanian S, Odate S, Arora S, Hatton C, Edwards TM, O'Brien T, Magnuson S, Stokoe D, Daniels DL, Bryant BM, Trojer P
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 1