Topotecan-Vincristine-Doxorubicin in stage 4 high-Risk neuroblastoma patients failing to achieve a complete metastatic response to rapid COJEC: A SIOPEN study.
AffiliationPaediatric Oncology, Istituto Giannina Gaslini, Genova, Italy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMetastatic response to induction therapy for high-risk neuroblastoma is a prognostic factor. In the International Society of Paediatric Oncology Europe Neuroblastoma (SIOPEN) HR-NBL-1 protocol, only patients with metastatic complete response (CR) or partial response (PR) with ≤ three abnormal skeletal areas on iodine 123-metaiodobenzylguanidine ([123I]mIBG) scintigraphy and no bone marrow disease proceed to high dose therapy (HDT). In this study, topotecan-vincristine-doxorubicin (TVD) was evaluated in patients failing to achieve these criteria, with the aim of improving the metastatic response rate.
CitationTopotecan-Vincristine-Doxorubicin in stage 4 high-Risk neuroblastoma patients failing to achieve a complete metastatic response to rapid COJEC: A SIOPEN study. 2018, 50 (1):148-155 Cancer Res Treat
JournalCancer Research and Treatment
- Clinical outcomes and prognostic factors to predict treatment response in high risk neuroblastoma patients receiving topotecan and cyclophosphamide containing induction regimen: a prospective multicenter study.
- Authors: Rujkijyanont P, Photia A, Traivaree C, Monsereenusorn C, Anurathapan U, Seksarn P, Sosothikul D, Techavichit P, Sanpakit K, Phuakpet K, Wiangnon S, Chotsampancharoen T, Chainansamit SO, Kanjanapongkul S, Meekaewkunchorn A, Hongeng S
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 16
- Results of induction chemotherapy in children older than 18 months with stage-4 neuroblastoma treated with an adaptive-to-response modified N7 protocol (mN7).
- Authors: Mora J, Cruz O, Lavarino C, Rios J, Vancells M, Parareda A, Salvador H, Suñol M, Carrasco R, Guillen A, Mañé S, de Torres C
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Results of induction chemotherapy in children older than 1 year with a stage 4 neuroblastoma treated with the NB 97 French Society of Pediatric Oncology (SFOP) protocol.
- Authors: Valteau-Couanet D, Michon J, Boneu A, Rodary C, Perel Y, Bergeron C, Rubie H, Coze C, Plantaz D, Bernard F, Chastagner P, Bouzy J, Hartmann O
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 20
- A phase II study of topotecan with vincristine and doxorubicin in children with recurrent/refractory neuroblastoma.
- Authors: Garaventa A, Luksch R, Biasotti S, Severi G, Pizzitola MR, Viscardi E, Prete A, Mastrangelo S, Podda M, Haupt R, De Bernardi B
- Issue date: 2003 Dec 1
- Busulfan and melphalan versus carboplatin, etoposide, and melphalan as high-dose chemotherapy for high-risk neuroblastoma (HR-NBL1/SIOPEN): an international, randomised, multi-arm, open-label, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Ladenstein R, Pötschger U, Pearson ADJ, Brock P, Luksch R, Castel V, Yaniv I, Papadakis V, Laureys G, Malis J, Balwierz W, Ruud E, Kogner P, Schroeder H, de Lacerda AF, Beck-Popovic M, Bician P, Garami M, Trahair T, Canete A, Ambros PF, Holmes K, Gaze M, Schreier G, Garaventa A, Vassal G, Michon J, Valteau-Couanet D, SIOP Europe Neuroblastoma Group (SIOPEN).
- Issue date: 2017 Apr