A comparison of five methods of measuring mammographic density: a case-control study.
Evans, D Gareth R
AffiliationDivision of Informatics, Imaging and Data Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Stopford Building, Oxford Road, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHigh mammographic density is associated with both risk of cancers being missed at mammography, and increased risk of developing breast cancer. Stratification of breast cancer prevention and screening requires mammographic density measures predictive of cancer. This study compares five mammographic density measures to determine the association with subsequent diagnosis of breast cancer and the presence of breast cancer at screening.
CitationA comparison of five methods of measuring mammographic density: a case-control study. 2018, 20(1): 10 Breast Cancer Res
JournalBreast Cancer Research
- Mammographic density and breast cancer risk in breast screening assessment cases and women with a family history of breast cancer.
- Authors: Duffy SW, Morrish OWE, Allgood PC, Black R, Gillan MGC, Willsher P, Cooke J, Duncan KA, Michell MJ, Dobson HM, Maroni R, Lim YY, Purushothaman HN, Suaris T, Astley SM, Young KC, Tucker L, Gilbert FJ
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- Long-term Accuracy of Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Combining Classic Risk Factors and Breast Density.
- Authors: Brentnall AR, Cuzick J, Buist DSM, Bowles EJA
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 1
- Predicting interval and screen-detected breast cancers from mammographic density defined by different brightness thresholds.
- Authors: Nguyen TL, Aung YK, Li S, Trinh NH, Evans CF, Baglietto L, Krishnan K, Dite GS, Stone J, English DR, Song YM, Sung J, Jenkins MA, Southey MC, Giles GG, Hopper JL
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 13
- AutoDensity: an automated method to measure mammographic breast density that predicts breast cancer risk and screening outcomes.
- Authors: Nickson C, Arzhaeva Y, Aitken Z, Elgindy T, Buckley M, Li M, English DR, Kavanagh AM
- Issue date: 2013
- Comparison of Clinical and Automated Breast Density Measurements: Implications for Risk Prediction and Supplemental Screening.
- Authors: Brandt KR, Scott CG, Ma L, Mahmoudzadeh AP, Jensen MR, Whaley DH, Wu FF, Malkov S, Hruska CB, Norman AD, Heine J, Shepherd J, Pankratz VS, Kerlikowske K, Vachon CM
- Issue date: 2016 Jun