Adherence to Mediterranean and low-fat diets among heart and lung transplant recipients: a randomized feasibility study.
AffiliationThe Transplant Centre, University Hospital of South Manchester, Manchester, M23 9LT, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHeart and lung transplant recipients are at a substantially increased risk of cardiovascular disease (CVD). Since both low-fat and Mediterranean diets can reduce CVD in immunocompetent people at high risk, we assessed adherence among thoracic transplant recipients allocated to one or other of these diets for 12 months.
CitationAdherence to Mediterranean and low-fat diets among heart and lung transplant recipients: a randomized feasibility study. 2018, 17(1):22 Nutr J
- Australian patients with coronary heart disease achieve high adherence to 6-month Mediterranean diet intervention: preliminary results of the AUSMED Heart Trial.
- Authors: Mayr HL, Tierney AC, Kucianski T, Thomas CJ, Itsiopoulos C
- Issue date: 2019 May
- The Medi-RIVAGE study: reduction of cardiovascular disease risk factors after a 3-mo intervention with a Mediterranean-type diet or a low-fat diet.
- Authors: Vincent-Baudry S, Defoort C, Gerber M, Bernard MC, Verger P, Helal O, Portugal H, Planells R, Grolier P, Amiot-Carlin MJ, Vague P, Lairon D
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Adhesion to the Mediterranean diet in diabetic patients with poor control.
- Authors: Celada Roldan C, Tarraga Marcos ML, Madrona Marcos F, Solera Albero J, Salmeron Rios R, Celada Rodriguez A, Panisello Royo JM, Tárraga López PJ
- Issue date: 2019 Sep - Oct
- Image-Based Mobile System for Dietary Management in an American Cardiology Population: Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial to Assess the Efficacy of Dietary Coaching Delivered via a Smartphone App Versus Traditional Counseling.
- Authors: Choi BG, Dhawan T, Metzger K, Marshall L, Akbar A, Jain T, Young HA, Katz RJ
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 23
- Modifying dietary patterns in cardiothoracic transplant patients to reduce cardiovascular risk: The AMEND-IT Trial.
- Authors: Entwistle TR, Miura K, Keevil BG, Morris J, Yonan N, Pohl M, Green AC, Fildes JE
- Issue date: 2021 Feb