Predictive factors of thromboembolic complications in patients with esophagogastric adenocarcinoma undergoing preoperative chemotherapy.
Weaver, Jamie M
AffiliationDepartment of Medical Oncology , The Christie NHS Foundation Trust , Manchester , UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThromboembolic events (TEEs) represent a significant treatment and disease complication for cancer patients. In the present study we assessed the incidence of TEEs in patients receiving preoperative chemotherapy for esophagogastric adenocarcinoma. The risk factors for TEE development and their impact on prognosis were further analyzed.
CitationPredictive factors of thromboembolic complications in patients with esophagogastric adenocarcinoma undergoing preoperative chemotherapy. 2018:1-9 Acta Oncol
- Venous thromboembolism in patients receiving perioperative chemotherapy for esophagogastric cancer.
- Authors: Khanna A, Reece-Smith AM, Cunnell M, Madhusudan S, Thomas A, Bowrey DJ, Parsons SL
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Thromboembolism in patients with advanced gastroesophageal cancer treated with anthracycline, platinum, and fluoropyrimidine combination chemotherapy: a report from the UK National Cancer Research Institute Upper Gastrointestinal Clinical Studies Group.
- Authors: Starling N, Rao S, Cunningham D, Iveson T, Nicolson M, Coxon F, Middleton G, Daniel F, Oates J, Norman AR
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 10
- Rilotumumab in combination with epirubicin, cisplatin, and capecitabine as first-line treatment for gastric or oesophagogastric junction adenocarcinoma: an open-label, dose de-escalation phase 1b study and a double-blind, randomised phase 2 study.
- Authors: Iveson T, Donehower RC, Davidenko I, Tjulandin S, Deptala A, Harrison M, Nirni S, Lakshmaiah K, Thomas A, Jiang Y, Zhu M, Tang R, Anderson A, Dubey S, Oliner KS, Loh E
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Perioperative platin-based chemotherapy for locally advanced esophagogastric adenocarcinoma: Postoperative chemotherapy has a substantial impact on outcome.
- Authors: Glatz T, Bronsert P, Schäfer M, Kulemann B, Marjanovic G, Sick O, Hopt UT, Zirlik K, Makowiec F, Hoeppner J
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Risk of thromboembolic events after perioperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for esophageal adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Verhage RJ, van der Horst S, van der Sluis PC, Lolkema MP, van Hillegersberg R
- Issue date: 2012 Feb