A prototypical non-malignant epithelial model to study genome dynamics and concurrently monitor micro-RNAs and proteins in situ during oncogene-induced senescence.
Gorgoulis, Vassilis G
AffiliationMolecular Carcinogenesis Group, Department of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, 75 Mikras Asias St, GR-11527, Athens, Greece
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSenescence is a fundamental biological process implicated in various pathologies, including cancer. Regarding carcinogenesis, senescence signifies, at least in its initial phases, an anti-tumor response that needs to be circumvented for cancer to progress. Micro-RNAs, a subclass of regulatory, non-coding RNAs, participate in senescence regulation. At the subcellular level micro-RNAs, similar to proteins, have been shown to traffic between organelles influencing cellular behavior. The differential function of micro-RNAs relative to their subcellular localization and their role in senescence biology raises concurrent in situ analysis of coding and non-coding gene products in senescent cells as a necessity. However, technical challenges have rendered in situ co-detection unfeasible until now.
CitationA prototypical non-malignant epithelial model to study genome dynamics and concurrently monitor micro-RNAs and proteins in situ during oncogene-induced senescence. 2018, 19 (1):37 BMC Genomics
- Functional CRISPR screen identifies AP1-associated enhancer regulating FOXF1 to modulate oncogene-induced senescence.
- Authors: Han R, Li L, Ugalde AP, Tal A, Manber Z, Barbera EP, Chiara VD, Elkon R, Agami R
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 17
- Genome-Wide miRNA Screening for Genes Bypassing Oncogene-Induced Senescence.
- Authors: Guijarro MV, Carnero A
- Issue date: 2017
- BRD4 Connects Enhancer Remodeling to Senescence Immune Surveillance.
- Authors: Tasdemir N, Banito A, Roe JS, Alonso-Curbelo D, Camiolo M, Tschaharganeh DF, Huang CH, Aksoy O, Bolden JE, Chen CC, Fennell M, Thapar V, Chicas A, Vakoc CR, Lowe SW
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- RT-qPCR Detection of Senescence-Associated Circular RNAs.
- Authors: Panda AC, Abdelmohsen K, Gorospe M
- Issue date: 2017
- Mapping H4K20me3 onto the chromatin landscape of senescent cells indicates a function in control of cell senescence and tumor suppression through preservation of genetic and epigenetic stability.
- Authors: Nelson DM, Jaber-Hijazi F, Cole JJ, Robertson NA, Pawlikowski JS, Norris KT, Criscione SW, Pchelintsev NA, Piscitello D, Stong N, Rai TS, McBryan T, Otte GL, Nixon C, Clark W, Riethman H, Wu H, Schotta G, Garcia BA, Neretti N, Baird DM, Berger SL, Adams PD
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 25