A prototypical non-malignant epithelial model to study genome dynamics and concurrently monitor micro-RNAs and proteins in situ during oncogene-induced senescence.
Gorgoulis, Vassilis G
AffiliationMolecular Carcinogenesis Group, Department of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, National & Kapodistrian University of Athens, 75 Mikras Asias St, GR-11527, Athens, Greece
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSenescence is a fundamental biological process implicated in various pathologies, including cancer. Regarding carcinogenesis, senescence signifies, at least in its initial phases, an anti-tumor response that needs to be circumvented for cancer to progress. Micro-RNAs, a subclass of regulatory, non-coding RNAs, participate in senescence regulation. At the subcellular level micro-RNAs, similar to proteins, have been shown to traffic between organelles influencing cellular behavior. The differential function of micro-RNAs relative to their subcellular localization and their role in senescence biology raises concurrent in situ analysis of coding and non-coding gene products in senescent cells as a necessity. However, technical challenges have rendered in situ co-detection unfeasible until now.
CitationA prototypical non-malignant epithelial model to study genome dynamics and concurrently monitor micro-RNAs and proteins in situ during oncogene-induced senescence. 2018, 19 (1):37 BMC Genomics
- Cdc6 as a novel target in cancer: Oncogenic potential, senescence and subcellular localisation.
- Authors: Lim N, Townsend PA
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 15
- Functional CRISPR screen identifies AP1-associated enhancer regulating FOXF1 to modulate oncogene-induced senescence.
- Authors: Han R, Li L, Ugalde AP, Tal A, Manber Z, Barbera EP, Chiara VD, Elkon R, Agami R
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 17
- DAXX silencing suppresses mouse ovarian surface epithelial cell growth by inducing senescence and DNA damage.
- Authors: Pan WW, Yi FP, Cao LX, Liu XM, Shen ZF, Bu YQ, Xu Y, Fan HY, Song FZ
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 10
- Genome-Wide miRNA Screening for Genes Bypassing Oncogene-Induced Senescence.
- Authors: Guijarro MV, Carnero A
- Issue date: 2017
- Correction to: A prototypical non-malignant epithelial model to study genome dynamics and concurrently monitor micro-RNAs and proteins in situ during oncogene-induced senescence.
- Authors: Komseli ES, Pateras IS, Krejsgaard T, Stawiski K, Rizou SV, Polyzos A, Roumelioti FM, Chiourea M, Mourkioti I, Paparouna E, Zampetidis CP, Gumeni S, Trougakos IP, Pefani DE, O'Neill E, Gagos S, Eliopoulos AG, Fendler W, Chowdhury D, Bartek J, Gorgoulis VG
- Issue date: 2021 May 5