AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe incidence of melanoma continues to rise worldwide. Prior to 2010, there had been no progress in the treatment of advanced melanoma in living memory. Since then, immunotherapy has become a standard of care in the treatment of advanced melanoma. Nivolumab is a fully human monoclonal antibody against PD-1, which is a negative regulatory checkpoint in the T cells. The clinical benefit of nivolumab as a single agent is well established, with response rates of ≥40%, durable responses and a favorable tolerability profile. The combination of nivolumab and ipilimumab has also become a standard of care and the role of nivolumab in the adjuvant setting for high-risk patients has been recently confirmed.
CitationThe role of nivolumab in melanoma. 2018 Future Oncol
- Nivolumab: A Review in Advanced Melanoma.
- Authors: Scott LJ
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- [Not Available].
- Authors: Mateus C, Libenciuc C, Robert C
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Nivolumab and ipilimumab: immunotherapy for treatment of malignant melanoma.
- Authors: Carreau NA, Pavlick AC
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Nivolumab plus ipilimumab in advanced melanoma.
- Authors: Wolchok JD, Kluger H, Callahan MK, Postow MA, Rizvi NA, Lesokhin AM, Segal NH, Ariyan CE, Gordon RA, Reed K, Burke MM, Caldwell A, Kronenberg SA, Agunwamba BU, Zhang X, Lowy I, Inzunza HD, Feely W, Horak CE, Hong Q, Korman AJ, Wigginton JM, Gupta A, Sznol M
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 11
- Ipilimumab alone or in combination with nivolumab after progression on anti-PD-1 therapy in advanced melanoma.
- Authors: Zimmer L, Apuri S, Eroglu Z, Kottschade LA, Forschner A, Gutzmer R, Schlaak M, Heinzerling L, Krackhardt AM, Loquai C, Markovic SN, Joseph RW, Markey K, Utikal JS, Weishaupt C, Goldinger SM, Sondak VK, Zager JS, Schadendorf D, Khushalani NI
- Issue date: 2017 Apr