Evaluation of NGS and RT-PCR methods for ALK rearrangement in European NSCLC patients: Results from the ETOP Lungscape Project.
Di Lorito, A
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationInstitute of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois CHUV, Lausanne, Switzerland
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe reported prevalence of ALK rearrangement in NSCLC ranges from 2%-7%. The primary standard diagnostic method is fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH). Recently, immunohistochemistry (IHC) has also proven to be a reproducible and sensitive technique. Reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) has also been advocated and most recently the advent of targeted Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) for ALK and other fusions has become possible. This study compares ALK evaluation with all 4 techniques in resected NSCLC from the large ETOP Lungscape cohort.
CitationEvaluation of NGS and RT-PCR methods for ALK rearrangement in European NSCLC patients: Results from the ETOP Lungscape Project. 2017 J Thorac Oncol
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Simultaneous VENTANA IHC and RT-PCR testing of ALK status in Chinese non-small cell lung cancer patients and response to crizotinib.
- Authors: Xu CW, Wang WX, Chen YP, Chen Y, Liu W, Zhong LH, Chen FF, Zhuang W, Song ZB, Chen XH, Huang YJ, Guan YF, Yi X, Lv TF, Zhu WF, Lu JP, Wang XJ, Shi Y, Lin XD, Chen G, Song Y
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 11
- Prevalence and clinical outcomes for patients with ALK-positive resected stage I to III adenocarcinoma: results from the European Thoracic Oncology Platform Lungscape Project.
- Authors: Blackhall FH, Peters S, Bubendorf L, Dafni U, Kerr KM, Hager H, Soltermann A, O'Byrne KJ, Dooms C, Sejda A, Hernández-Losa J, Marchetti A, Savic S, Tan Q, Thunnissen E, Speel EJ, Cheney R, Nonaka D, de Jong J, Martorell M, Letovanec I, Rosell R, Stahel RA
- Issue date: 2014 Sep 1
- Custom Gene Capture and Next-Generation Sequencing to Resolve Discordant ALK Status by FISH and IHC in Lung Adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Jang JS, Wang X, Vedell PT, Wen J, Zhang J, Ellison DW, Evans JM, Johnson SH, Yang P, Sukov WR, Oliveira AM, Vasmatzis G, Sun Z, Jen J, Yi ES
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Validation of a new algorithm for a quick and easy RT-PCR-based ALK test in a large series of lung adenocarcinomas: Comparison with FISH, immunohistochemistry and next generation sequencing assays.
- Authors: Marchetti A, Pace MV, Di Lorito A, Canarecci S, Felicioni L, D'Antuono T, Liberatore M, Filice G, Guetti L, Mucilli F, Buttitta F
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- RNA-based analysis of ALK fusions in non-small cell lung cancer cases showing IHC/FISH discordance.
- Authors: Vollbrecht C, Lenze D, Hummel M, Lehmann A, Moebs M, Frost N, Jurmeister P, Schweizer L, Kellner U, Dietel M, von Laffert M
- Issue date: 2018 Nov 22