Systematic review of the empirical investigation of resources to support decision-making regarding BRCA1 and BRCA2 genetic testing in women with breast cancer.
Armstrong, Anne C
AffiliationFaculty of Health Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIdentify existing resources developed and/or evaluated empirically in the published literature designed to support women with breast cancer making decisions regarding genetic testing for BRCA1/2 mutations.
CitationSystematic review of the empirical investigation of resources to support decision-making regarding BRCA1 and BRCA2 genetic testing in women with breast cancer. 2017 Patient Educ Couns
JournalPatient Education and Counseling
- Effect of a computer-based decision aid on knowledge, perceptions, and intentions about genetic testing for breast cancer susceptibility: a randomized controlled trial.
- Authors: Green MJ, Peterson SK, Baker MW, Harper GR, Friedman LC, Rubinstein WS, Mauger DT
- Issue date: 2004 Jul 28
- Information needs of mothers regarding communicating BRCA1/2 cancer genetic test results to their children.
- Authors: Tercyak KP, Peshkin BN, Demarco TA, Patenaude AF, Schneider KA, Garber JE, Valdimarsdottir HB, Schwartz MD
- Issue date: 2007 Fall
- Development and testing of a decision aid for breast cancer prevention for women with a BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation.
- Authors: Metcalfe KA, Poll A, O'Connor A, Gershman S, Armel S, Finch A, Demsky R, Rosen B, Narod SA
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Development of Breast Cancer Choices: a decision support tool for young women with breast cancer deciding whether to have genetic testing for BRCA1/2 mutations.
- Authors: Grimmett C, Brooks C, Recio-Saucedo A, Armstrong A, Cutress RI, Gareth Evans D, Copson E, Turner L, Meiser B, Wakefield CE, Eccles D, Foster C
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Randomized trial of a decision aid for BRCA1/BRCA2 mutation carriers: impact on measures of decision making and satisfaction.
- Authors: Schwartz MD, Valdimarsdottir HB, DeMarco TA, Peshkin BN, Lawrence W, Rispoli J, Brown K, Isaacs C, O'Neill S, Shelby R, Grumet SC, McGovern MM, Garnett S, Bremer H, Leaman S, O'Mara K, Kelleher S, Komaridis K
- Issue date: 2009 Jan