Parallel evaluation of circulating tumor DNA and circulating tumor cells in metastatic colorectal cancer.
Di Nicolantonio, F
AffiliationCandiolo Cancer Institute-FPO, IRCCS, Candiolo (TO), Italy
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTissue biopsy is the gold standard for tumor genotyping, but it is an invasive procedure providing a single snapshot into tumor heterogeneity. Liquid biopsy approaches, encompassing the analysis of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) or circulating tumor cells (CTCs), have been proposed as an alternative, with the potential of providing a comprehensive portrait of the tumor molecular landscape. In metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC), both CTCs and ctDNA analysis have been investigated, but comparative analyses are limited.
CitationParallel evaluation of circulating tumor DNA and circulating tumor cells in metastatic colorectal cancer. 2017, Clin Colorectal Cancer
JournalClinical Colorectal Cancer
- Enumeration and targeted analysis of KRAS, BRAF and PIK3CA mutations in CTCs captured by a label-free platform: Comparison to ctDNA and tissue in metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Kidess-Sigal E, Liu HE, Triboulet MM, Che J, Ramani VC, Visser BC, Poultsides GA, Longacre TA, Marziali A, Vysotskaia V, Wiggin M, Heirich K, Hanft V, Keilholz U, Tinhofer I, Norton JA, Lee M, Sollier-Christen E, Jeffrey SS
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 20
- Liquid Biopsy for the Management of Patients with Colorectal Cancer.
- Authors: Yamada T, Matsuda A, Koizumi M, Shinji S, Takahashi G, Iwai T, Takeda K, Ueda K, Yokoyama Y, Hara K, Hotta M, Matsumoto S, Yoshida H
- Issue date: 2019
- Clinico-pathological correlation of serial measurement of circulating tumor cells in 24 metastatic colorectal cancer patients receiving chemotherapy reveals interpatient heterogeneity correlated with CEA levels but independent of KRAS and BRAF mutation.
- Authors: Das A, Kunkel M, Joudeh J, Dicker DT, Scicchitano A, Allen JE, Sarwani N, Yang Z, Kaifi J, Zhu J, Liao J, El-Deiry WS
- Issue date: 2015
- Role of liquid biopsies in colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Wills B, Gorse E, Lee V
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- <i>ESR1</i> Methylation: A Liquid Biopsy-Based Epigenetic Assay for the Follow-up of Patients with Metastatic Breast Cancer Receiving Endocrine Treatment.
- Authors: Mastoraki S, Strati A, Tzanikou E, Chimonidou M, Politaki E, Voutsina A, Psyrri A, Georgoulias V, Lianidou E
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 15