The hypoxia marker CAIX is prognostic in the UK phase III VorteX-Biobank cohort: an important resource for translational research in soft tissue sarcoma.
Roberts, Darren L
Irlam, Joely J
Valentine, Helen R
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationTranslational Radiobiology Group, Division of Cancer Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, Christie Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDespite high metastasis rates, adjuvant/neoadjuvant systemic therapy for localised soft tissue sarcoma (STS) is not used routinely. Progress requires tailoring therapy to features of tumour biology, which need exploration in well-documented cohorts. Hypoxia has been linked to metastasis in STS and is targetable. This study evaluated hypoxia prognostic markers in the phase III adjuvant radiotherapy VorteX trial.
CitationThe hypoxia marker CAIX is prognostic in the UK phase III VorteX-Biobank cohort: an important resource for translational research in soft tissue sarcoma. 2017 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 promotes chemoresistance of lung cancer by inducing carbonic anhydrase IX expression.
- Authors: Sowa T, Menju T, Chen-Yoshikawa TF, Takahashi K, Nishikawa S, Nakanishi T, Shikuma K, Motoyama H, Hijiya K, Aoyama A, Sato T, Sonobe M, Harada H, Date H
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Immunohistochemical detection of HIF-1alpha and CAIX in advanced head-and-neck cancer. Prognostic role and correlation with tumor markers and tumor oxygenation parameters.
- Authors: Kappler M, Taubert H, Holzhausen HJ, Reddemann R, Rot S, Becker A, Kuhnt T, Dellas K, Dunst J, Vordermark D, Hänsgen G, Bache M
- Issue date: 2008 Aug
- GLUT1 and CAIX as intrinsic markers of hypoxia in bladder cancer: relationship with vascularity and proliferation as predictors of outcome of ARCON.
- Authors: Hoskin PJ, Sibtain A, Daley FM, Wilson GD
- Issue date: 2003 Oct 6
- The key hypoxia regulated gene CAIX is upregulated in basal-like breast tumours and is associated with resistance to chemotherapy.
- Authors: Tan EY, Yan M, Campo L, Han C, Takano E, Turley H, Candiloro I, Pezzella F, Gatter KC, Millar EK, O'Toole SA, McNeil CM, Crea P, Segara D, Sutherland RL, Harris AL, Fox SB
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 27
- Immunohistochemical detection of osteopontin in advanced head-and-neck cancer: prognostic role and correlation with oxygen electrode measurements, hypoxia-inducible-factor-1alpha-related markers, and hemoglobin levels.
- Authors: Bache M, Reddemann R, Said HM, Holzhausen HJ, Taubert H, Becker A, Kuhnt T, Hänsgen G, Dunst J, Vordermark D
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 1