Benefit of using motion compensated reconstructions for reducing inter-observer and intra-observer contouring variation for organs at risk in lung cancer patients.
Lee, Lip W
Harris, Maggie A
Sheikh, Hamid Y
Pemberton, Laura S
van Herk, Marcel
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn lung cancer patients, accuracy in contouring is hampered by image artefacts introduced by respiratory motion. With the widespread introduction of 4DCT there is additional uncertainty caused by the use of different reconstruction techniques which will influence contour definition. This work aims to assess both inter- and intra-observer contour variation on average and motion compensated (mid-position) reconstructions.
CitationBenefit of using motion compensated reconstructions for reducing inter-observer and intra-observer contouring variation for organs at risk in lung cancer patients. 2017 Radiother Oncol
JournalRadiotherapy and Oncology
- Impact of target volume segmentation accuracy and variability on treatment planning for 4D-CT-based non-small cell lung cancer radiotherapy.
- Authors: Martin S, Johnson C, Brophy M, Palma DA, Barron JL, Beauchemin SS, Louie AV, Yu E, Yaremko B, Ahmad B, Rodrigues GB, Gaede S
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- Clinical evaluation of atlas and deep learning based automatic contouring for lung cancer.
- Authors: Lustberg T, van Soest J, Gooding M, Peressutti D, Aljabar P, van der Stoep J, van Elmpt W, Dekker A
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Definition of gross tumor volume in lung cancer: inter-observer variability.
- Authors: Van de Steene J, Linthout N, de Mey J, Vinh-Hung V, Claassens C, Noppen M, Bel A, Storme G
- Issue date: 2002 Jan
- Accuracy and inter-observer variability of 3D versus 4D cone-beam CT based image-guidance in SBRT for lung tumors.
- Authors: Sweeney RA, Seubert B, Stark S, Homann V, Müller G, Flentje M, Guckenberger M
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 8
- Dosimetric study of a respiratory gating technique based on four-dimensional computed tomography in non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Lin H, Lu H, Shu L, Huang H, Chen H, Chen J, Cheng J, Pang Q, Peng L, Gu J, Lu Z
- Issue date: 2014 May