Taxane, platinum and 5-FU prior to chemoradiotherapy benefits patients with stage IV neck node-positive head and neck cancer and a good performance status.
AuthorsLowe, Natalie M
Bernstein, Jonathan M
Mais, Kathleen L
Lee, Lip W
Sykes, Andrew J
Thomson, David J
Homer, Jarrod J
West, Catharine M L
Slevin, Nicholas J
AffiliationTranslational Radiobiology Group, Division of Cancer Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre, The Christie NHS Foundation Trust, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe benefit of adding docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil (TPF) induction chemotherapy to chemoradiotherapy (CRT) in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) remains uncertain. We aimed to investigate whether ICT is well tolerated when given with prophylactic treatment against predicted adverse effects and which patients benefit most.
CitationTaxane, platinum and 5-FU prior to chemoradiotherapy benefits patients with stage IV neck node-positive head and neck cancer and a good performance status. 2017, J Cancer Res Clin Oncol
JournalJournal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology
- A Phase 2 Open Label, Single-Arm Trial to Evaluate the Combination of Cetuximab Plus Taxotere, Cisplatin, and 5-Flurouracil as an Induction Regimen in Patients With Unresectable Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck.
- Authors: Mesía R, Vázquez S, Grau JJ, García-Sáenz JA, Lozano A, García C, Carles J, Irigoyen A, Mañós M, García-Paredes B, del Barco E, Taberna M, Escobar Y, Cruz JJ, Spanish Head and Neck Cancer Cooperative Group (TTCC).
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 1
- Efficacy and feasibility of docetaxel, cisplatin, and 5-fluorouracil induction chemotherapy for locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma classified as clinical nodal stage N2c, N3, or N2b with supraclavicular lymph node metastases.
- Authors: Izawa N, Onozawa Y, Hikosaka T, Hamauchi S, Tsushima T, Todaka A, Machida N, Haraguchi Y, Ogawa H, Nishimura T, Nakagawa M, Fuke T, Iida Y, Kamijo T, Onitsuka T, Boku N, Yasui H, Yokota T
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- The efficacy of induction chemotherapy with docetaxel, cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil combined with cisplatin concurrent chemoradiotherapy for locally advanced head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: a matched pair analysis.
- Authors: Teo M, Karakaya E, Young CA, Dyker KE, Coyle C, Sen M, Prestwich RJ
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Neoadjuvant docetaxel, cisplatin, 5-fluorouracil before concurrent chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck versus concomitant chemoradiotherapy: a phase II feasibility study.
- Authors: Ghi MG, Paccagnella A, D'Amanzo P, Mione CA, Fasan S, Paro S, Mastromauro C, Carnuccio R, Turcato G, Gatti C, Pallini A, Nascimben O, Biason R, Oniga F, Medici M, Rossi F, Fila G
- Issue date: 2004 Jun 1
- Induction TPF chemotherapy followed by CRT with fractionated administration of cisplatin in patients with unresectable locally advanced head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Okano S, Enokida T, Onoe T, Ota Y, Motegi A, Zenda S, Akimoto T, Tahara M
- Issue date: 2019 Jul