Young age at first pregnancy does protect against early onset breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers.
AffiliationManchester Centre for Genomic Medicine, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre (MAHSC), Institute of Human Development, St Mary's Hospital, University of Manchester, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrevious research assessing the impact of pregnancy and age at first pregnancy on breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers has produced conflicting results, with some studies showing an increased risk following early first pregnancy in contrast to the reduced risk in the general population of women. The present study addresses these inconsistencies.
CitationYoung age at first pregnancy does protect against early onset breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. 2017, Breast Cancer Res Treat
JournalBreast Cancer Research and Treatment
- Penetrance of breast cancer, ovarian cancer and contralateral breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 families: high cancer incidence at older age.
- Authors: van der Kolk DM, de Bock GH, Leegte BK, Schaapveld M, Mourits MJ, de Vries J, van der Hout AH, Oosterwijk JC
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Evaluation of established breast cancer risk factors as modifiers of BRCA1 or BRCA2: a multi-center case-only analysis.
- Authors: Moorman PG, Iversen ES, Marcom PK, Marks JR, Wang F, Kathleen Cuningham Consortium for Research into Familial Breast Cancer., Lee E, Ursin G, Rebbeck TR, Domchek SM, Arun B, Susswein L, Isaacs C, Garber JE, Visvanathan K, Griffin CA, Sutphen R, Brzosowicz J, Gruber S, Finkelstein DM, Schildkraut JM
- Issue date: 2010 Nov
- Breast cancer risk in Chinese women with BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations.
- Authors: Yao L, Sun J, Zhang J, He Y, Ouyang T, Li J, Wang T, Fan Z, Fan T, Lin B, Xie Y
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Mammography screening and the risk of breast cancer in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers: a prospective study.
- Authors: Giannakeas V, Lubinski J, Gronwald J, Moller P, Armel S, Lynch HT, Foulkes WD, Kim-Sing C, Singer C, Neuhausen SL, Friedman E, Tung N, Senter L, Sun P, Narod SA
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Contralateral breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers in a large cohort of unselected Chinese breast cancer patients.
- Authors: Su L, Xu Y, Ouyang T, Li J, Wang T, Fan Z, Fan T, Lin B, Xie Y
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 15