EGFR gene copy number by FISH may predict outcome of necitumumab in squamous lung carcinomas: analysis from the SQUIRE study.
AffiliationThe Christie NHS Foundation Trust, Manchester, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNecitumumab is a monoclonal antibody targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). In the SQUIRE trial, the addition of necitumumab to chemotherapy in squamous cell lung cancer (SCC) significantly improved overall survival (OS) (HR=0.84); in a post-hoc analysis, EGFR copy number gain determined by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) showed a trend towards improved OS (HR=0.70) and progression-free survival (PFS) (HR=0.71) with the addition of necitumumab. We present the analysis of granular EGFR-FISH data from SQUIRE to examine the potential predictive role of high polysomy and gene amplification as both were included in the "FISH-positive" category.
CitationEGFR gene copy number by FISH may predict outcome of necitumumab in squamous lung carcinomas: analysis from the SQUIRE study. 2017, J Thorac Oncol
JournalJournal of Thoracic Oncology
- Correlation of EGFR-expression with safety and efficacy outcomes in SQUIRE: a randomized, multicenter, open-label, phase III study of gemcitabine-cisplatin plus necitumumab versus gemcitabine-cisplatin alone in the first-line treatment of patients with stage IV squamous non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Paz-Ares L, Socinski MA, Shahidi J, Hozak RR, Soldatenkova V, Kurek R, Varella-Garcia M, Thatcher N, Hirsch FR
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Efficacy and Safety of Necitumumab Continuation Therapy in the Phase III SQUIRE Study of Patients With Stage IV Squamous Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Ciuleanu T, Socinski MA, Obasaju C, Luft AV, Szczesna A, Szafrański W, Ramlau R, Bálint B, Molinier O, Depenbrock H, Nanda S, Paz-Ares L, Thatcher N
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Necitumumab for the treatment of advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Díaz-Serrano A, Sánchez-Torre A, Paz-Ares L
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- An Open-Label, Randomized, Controlled Phase II Study of Paclitaxel-Carboplatin Chemotherapy With Necitumumab Versus Paclitaxel-Carboplatin Alone in First-Line Treatment of Patients With Stage IV Squamous Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Spigel DR, Luft A, Depenbrock H, Ramlau R, Khalil M, Kim JH, Mayo C, Chao GY, Obasaju C, Natale R
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Necitumumab plus gemcitabine and cisplatin versus gemcitabine and cisplatin alone as first-line therapy in patients with stage IV squamous non-small-cell lung cancer (SQUIRE): an open-label, randomised, controlled phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Thatcher N, Hirsch FR, Luft AV, Szczesna A, Ciuleanu TE, Dediu M, Ramlau R, Galiulin RK, Bálint B, Losonczy G, Kazarnowicz A, Park K, Schumann C, Reck M, Depenbrock H, Nanda S, Kruljac-Letunic A, Kurek R, Paz-Ares L, Socinski MA, SQUIRE Investigators.
- Issue date: 2015 Jul