Core outcome research measures in anal cancer (CORMAC): protocol for systematic review, qualitative interviews and Delphi survey to develop a core outcome set in anal cancer.
AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe incidence of anal squamous cell carcinoma (ASCC) has increased threefold in the last 30 years. Initial treatment is chemoradiotherapy, associated with short-term and long-term side effects. Future therapy innovations aim to reduce morbidity in treatment of early tumours while maintaining treatment efficacy, and to escalate treatment intensity in locally advanced tumours with acceptable quality of life (QoL). However, all phase III randomised controlled trials to-date have utilised different primary outcomes, which hinders evidence synthesis and presents challenges to the selection of optimal outcomes in future trials. No trial comprehensively assessed long-term side effects and QoL, suggesting outcomes reflecting issues important to patients are under-represented. This project aims to determine the priority outcomes for all stakeholders and reach agreement on a standardised core set of outcomes to be measured and reported on in all future ASCC trials.
CitationCore outcome research measures in anal cancer (CORMAC): protocol for systematic review, qualitative interviews and Delphi survey to develop a core outcome set in anal cancer. 2017, 7(11): e018726 BMJ Open
- A core outcome set for clinical trials of chemoradiotherapy interventions for anal cancer (CORMAC): a patient and health-care professional consensus.
- Authors: Fish R, Sanders C, Adams R, Brewer J, Brookes ST, DeNardo J, Kochhar R, Saunders MP, Sebag-Montefiore D, Williamson PR, Renehan AG
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- Protocol for the development of a core outcome set for pelvic girdle pain, including methods for measuring the outcomes: the PGP-COS study.
- Authors: Wuytack F, Gutke A, Stuge B, Mørkved S, Olsson C, Robinson HS, Vøllestad NK, Öberg B, Wikmar LN, Mena JJS, Smith V
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 3
- Development of a core outcome set for clinical trials in squamous cell carcinoma: study protocol for a systematic review of the literature and identification of a core outcome set using a Delphi survey.
- Authors: Schlessinger DI, Iyengar S, Yanes AF, Chiren SG, Godinez-Puig V, Chen BR, Kurta AO, Schmitt J, Deckert S, Furlan KC, Poon E, Cartee TV, Maher IA, Alam M, Sobanko JF
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 12
- Development of a core outcome set for studies involving patients undergoing major lower limb amputation for peripheral arterial disease: study protocol for a systematic review and identification of a core outcome set using a Delphi survey.
- Authors: Ambler GK, Bosanquet DC, Brookes-Howell L, Thomas-Jones E, Waldron CA, Edwards AGK, Twine CP
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 28
- COSUMO: study protocol for the development of a core outcome set for efficacy and effectiveness trials in posterior segment-involving uveitis.
- Authors: Tallouzi MO, Mathers JM, Moore DJ, Murray PI, Bucknall N, Blazeby JM, Calvert M, Denniston AK
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 1