The European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Precision Medicine Glossary.
Le Tourneau, C
AffiliationThe Royal Marsden, London, UK, Vall d'Hebron Institute of Oncology (VHIO), Barcelona Institucio Catalana de Recerca i Estudis Avancats (ICREA), Barcelona, Spain
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPrecision medicine is rapidly evolving within the field of oncology and has brought many new concepts and terminologies that are often poorly defined when first introduced, which may subsequently lead to miscommunication within the oncology community. The European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) recognises these challenges and is committed to support the adoption of precision medicine in oncology. To add clarity to the language used by oncologists and basic scientists within the context of precision medicine, the ESMO Translational Research and Personalised Medicine Working Group has developed a standardised glossary of relevant terms.
CitationThe European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) Precision Medicine Glossary. 2017 Ann. Oncol.
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- A framework to rank genomic alterations as targets for cancer precision medicine: the ESMO Scale for Clinical Actionability of molecular Targets (ESCAT).
- Authors: Mateo J, Chakravarty D, Dienstmann R, Jezdic S, Gonzalez-Perez A, Lopez-Bigas N, Ng CKY, Bedard PL, Tortora G, Douillard JY, Van Allen EM, Schultz N, Swanton C, André F, Pusztai L
- Issue date: 2018 Sep 1
- Delivering precision medicine in oncology today and in future-the promise and challenges of personalised cancer medicine: a position paper by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO).
- Authors: Ciardiello F, Arnold D, Casali PG, Cervantes A, Douillard JY, Eggermont A, Eniu A, McGregor K, Peters S, Piccart M, Popescu R, Van Cutsem E, Zielinski C, Stahel R
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- New insights on personalized cancer treatments: a report from the ESMO Congress.
- Authors: Ciardiello F, Jezdic S
- Issue date: 2011 Jan
- The International Glossary on Infertility and Fertility Care, 2017.
- Authors: Zegers-Hochschild F, Adamson GD, Dyer S, Racowsky C, de Mouzon J, Sokol R, Rienzi L, Sunde A, Schmidt L, Cooke ID, Simpson JL, van der Poel S
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Use of adjuvant chemotherapy (CT) and radiotherapy (RT) in incompletely resected (R1) early stage Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): a European survey conducted by the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) young oncologists committee.
- Authors: Califano R, Karamouzis MV, Banerjee S, de Azambuja E, Guarneri V, Hutka M, Jordan K, Kamposioras K, Martinelli E, Corral J, Postel-Vinay S, Preusser M, Porcu L, Torri V
- Issue date: 2014 Jul