Plasma total cell-free DNA (cfDNA) is a surrogate biomarker for tumour burden and a prognostic biomarker for survival in metastatic melanoma patients.
Mundra, P A
Girotti, Maria Romina
Lee, Rebecca J
Lorigan, Paul C
AffiliationMolecular Oncology Group, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, The University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4GJ, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTumour burden is a prognostic biomarker in metastatic melanoma. However, tumour burden is difficult to measure and there are currently no reliable surrogate biomarkers to easily and reliably determine it. The aim of this study was to assess the potential of plasma total cell free DNA as biomarker of tumour burden and prognosis in metastatic melanoma patients.
CitationPlasma total cell-free DNA (cfDNA) is a surrogate biomarker for tumour burden and a prognostic biomarker for survival in metastatic melanoma patients. 2017, 88:1-9 Eur J Cancer
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer
- Role of circulating free DNA in evaluating clinical tumor burden and predicting survival in Chinese metastatic colorectal cancer patients.
- Authors: Xu X, Yu Y, Shen M, Liu M, Wu S, Liang L, Huang F, Zhang C, Guo W, Liu T
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 16
- Total circulating cell-free DNA as a prognostic biomarker in metastatic colorectal cancer before first-line oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy.
- Authors: Hamfjord J, Guren TK, Dajani O, Johansen JS, Glimelius B, Sorbye H, Pfeiffer P, Lingjærde OC, Tveit KM, Kure EH, Pallisgaard N, Spindler KG
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 1
- Circulating Cell-Free DNA and Circulating Tumor Cells as Prognostic and Predictive Biomarkers in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Treated with First-Line Chemotherapy.
- Authors: Coco S, Alama A, Vanni I, Fontana V, Genova C, Dal Bello MG, Truini A, Rijavec E, Biello F, Sini C, Burrafato G, Maggioni C, Barletta G, Grossi F
- Issue date: 2017 May 11
- Circulating cell-free DNA as a prognostic and predictive biomarker in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Ai B, Liu H, Huang Y, Peng P
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 12
- The predictive and prognostic significance of cell-free DNA concentration in melanoma.
- Authors: Váraljai R, Elouali S, Lueong SS, Wistuba-Hamprecht K, Seremet T, Siveke JT, Becker JC, Sucker A, Paschen A, Horn PA, Neyns B, Weide B, Schadendorf D, Roesch A
- Issue date: 2021 Feb