PDX-MI: Minimal information for patient-derived tumor Xenograft models.
Frese, Kristopher K
Butte, Atul J
AffiliationEuropean Molecular Biology Laboratory-European Bioinformatics Institute, Hinxton, United Kingdom
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPatient-derived tumor xenograft (PDX) mouse models have emerged as an important oncology research platform to study tumor evolution, mechanisms of drug response and resistance, and tailoring chemotherapeutic approaches for individual patients. The lack of robust standards for reporting on PDX models has hampered the ability of researchers to find relevant PDX models and associated data. Here we present the PDX models minimal information standard (PDX-MI) for reporting on the generation, quality assurance, and use of PDX models. PDX-MI defines the minimal information for describing the clinical attributes of a patient's tumor, the processes of implantation and passaging of tumors in a host mouse strain, quality assurance methods, and the use of PDX models in cancer research. Adherence to PDX-MI standards will facilitate accurate search results for oncology models and their associated data across distributed repository databases and promote reproducibility in research studies using these models. Cancer Res; 77(21); e62-66. ©2017 AACR.
CitationPDX-MI: Minimal information for patient-derived tumor Xenograft models. 2017, 77 (21):e62-e66 Cancer Res.
- PDX Finder: A portal for patient-derived tumor xenograft model discovery.
- Authors: Conte N, Mason JC, Halmagyi C, Neuhauser S, Mosaku A, Yordanova G, Chatzipli A, Begley DA, Krupke DM, Parkinson H, Meehan TF, Bult CC
- Issue date: 2019 Jan 8
- PDXliver: a database of liver cancer patient derived xenograft mouse models.
- Authors: He S, Hu B, Li C, Lin P, Tang WG, Sun YF, Feng FY, Guo W, Li J, Xu Y, Yao QL, Zhang X, Qiu SJ, Zhou J, Fan J, Li YX, Li H, Yang XR
- Issue date: 2018 May 9
- Patient-derived xenograft models of colorectal cancer in pre-clinical research: a systematic review.
- Authors: Brown KM, Xue A, Mittal A, Samra JS, Smith R, Hugh TJ
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 4
- Patient-Derived Xenograft Models in Breast Cancer Research.
- Authors: Na D, Moon HG
- Issue date: 2021
- Applications of patient-derived tumor xenograft models and tumor organoids.
- Authors: Yoshida GJ
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 7