Application of oligonucleotides to construct a conditional targeting vector for porcine IκBα.
AffiliationCollege of Animal Science, Qingdao Agricultural University, Qingdao, Shandong 266109, P.R. China
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConditional gene targeting at porcine IκBα may be a solution to delayed xenograft rejection, the main barrier to xenotransplantation. An oligonucleotide‑based method was applied to construct the vector for conditional targeting of porcine IκBα. This method was free from PCR amplification during the assembling of the different vector elements, avoiding introduction of unwanted mutations. With the help of short double‑stranded DNA fragments produced by annealing oligonucleotides, nondirectional cloning has also been avoided. By making the best of directional cloning, a highly complex targeting vector was built within 3 weeks. The present study also explained why the two recombination‑based methods (recombineering and gateway recombination), although having demonstrated to be highly efficient in constructing ordinary targeting vectors, were not appropriate in this context. The description in the present study of an additional method to efficiently construct targeting vectors is suggested to introduce more flexibility in the field therefore helping to meet the different needs of the researchers.
CitationApplication of oligonucleotides to construct a conditional targeting vector for porcine IκBα. 2018, 17 (1):653-659 Mol Med Rep
JournalMolecular Medicine Reports
- Homologous recombination-mediated cloning and manipulation of genomic DNA regions using Gateway and recombineering systems.
- Authors: Rozwadowski K, Yang W, Kagale S
- Issue date: 2008 Nov 17
- A new method for rapidly generating gene-targeting vectors by engineering BACs through homologous recombination in bacteria.
- Authors: Cotta-de-Almeida V, Schonhoff S, Shibata T, Leiter A, Snapper SB
- Issue date: 2003 Sep
- [The application of Red/ET recombination to high efficient gene-targeting vector construction].
- Authors: Wang JP, Zhang YM
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- Subcloning plus insertion (SPI)--a novel recombineering method for the rapid construction of gene targeting vectors.
- Authors: Reddy TR, Kelsall EJ, Fevat LM, Munson SE, Cowley SM
- Issue date: 2015 Jan 8
- A universal vector for high-efficiency multi-fragment recombineering of BACs and knock-in constructs.
- Authors: Dolt KS, Lawrence ML, Miller-Hodges E, Slight J, Thornburn A, Devenney PS, Hohenstein P
- Issue date: 2013