AffiliationCRCT INSERM UMR1037 , Universite Toulouse III Paul Sabatier , CNRS ERL5294, Toulouse , France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractActin remodeling plays an essential role in diverse cellular processes such as cell motility, vesicle trafficking or cytokinesis. The scaffold protein and actin nucleation promoting factor Cortactin is present in virtually all actin-based structures, participating in the formation of branched actin networks. It has been involved in the control of endocytosis, and vesicle trafficking, axon guidance and organization, as well as adhesion, migration and invasion. To migrate and invade through three-dimensional environments, cells have developed specialized actin-based structures called invadosomes, a generic term to designate invadopodia and podosomes. Cortactin has emerged as a critical regulator of invadosome formation, function and disassembly. Underscoring this role, Cortactin is frequently overexpressed in several types of invasive cancers. Herein we will review the roles played by Cortactin in these specific invasive structures.
CitationCortactin function in invadopodia. 2017:0 Small GTPases
- Cortactin and fascin-1 regulate extracellular vesicle release by controlling endosomal trafficking or invadopodia formation and function.
- Authors: Beghein E, Devriese D, Van Hoey E, Gettemans J
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 23
- Cortactin Phosphorylation by Casein Kinase 2 Regulates Actin-Related Protein 2/3 Complex Activity, Invadopodia Function, and Tumor Cell Invasion.
- Authors: Markwell SM, Ammer AG, Interval ET, Allen JL, Papenberg BW, Hames RA, Castaño JE, Schafer DA, Weed SA
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- p27<sup>Kip1</sup> promotes invadopodia turnover and invasion through the regulation of the PAK1/Cortactin pathway.
- Authors: Jeannot P, Nowosad A, Perchey RT, Callot C, Bennana E, Katsube T, Mayeux P, Guillonneau F, Manenti S, Besson A
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 13
- Phosphorylated cortactin recruits Vav2 guanine nucleotide exchange factor to activate Rac3 and promote invadopodial function in invasive breast cancer cells.
- Authors: Rosenberg BJ, Gil-Henn H, Mader CC, Halo T, Yin T, Condeelis J, Machida K, Wu YI, Koleske AJ
- Issue date: 2017 May 15
- Cortactin recruits FMNL2 to promote actin polymerization and endosome motility in invadopodia formation.
- Authors: Ren XL, Qiao YD, Li JY, Li XM, Zhang D, Zhang XJ, Zhu XH, Zhou WJ, Shi J, Wang W, Liao WT, Ding YQ, Liang L
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 10