AffiliationCRCT INSERM UMR1037 , Universite Toulouse III Paul Sabatier , CNRS ERL5294, Toulouse , France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractActin remodeling plays an essential role in diverse cellular processes such as cell motility, vesicle trafficking or cytokinesis. The scaffold protein and actin nucleation promoting factor Cortactin is present in virtually all actin-based structures, participating in the formation of branched actin networks. It has been involved in the control of endocytosis, and vesicle trafficking, axon guidance and organization, as well as adhesion, migration and invasion. To migrate and invade through three-dimensional environments, cells have developed specialized actin-based structures called invadosomes, a generic term to designate invadopodia and podosomes. Cortactin has emerged as a critical regulator of invadosome formation, function and disassembly. Underscoring this role, Cortactin is frequently overexpressed in several types of invasive cancers. Herein we will review the roles played by Cortactin in these specific invasive structures.
CitationCortactin function in invadopodia. 2017:0 Small GTPases
- Cortactin Phosphorylation by Casein Kinase 2 Regulates Actin-Related Protein 2/3 Complex Activity, Invadopodia Function, and Tumor Cell Invasion.
- Authors: Markwell SM, Ammer AG, Interval ET, Allen JL, Papenberg BW, Hames RA, Castaño JE, Schafer DA, Weed SA
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Cortactin and fascin-1 regulate extracellular vesicle release by controlling endosomal trafficking or invadopodia formation and function.
- Authors: Beghein E, Devriese D, Van Hoey E, Gettemans J
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 23
- Interactions with actin monomers, actin filaments, and Arp2/3 complex define the roles of WASP family proteins and cortactin in coordinately regulating branched actin networks.
- Authors: Helgeson LA, Prendergast JG, Wagner AR, Rodnick-Smith M, Nolen BJ
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 17
- Podosome-like structures of non-invasive carcinoma cells are replaced in epithelial-mesenchymal transition by actin comet-embedded invadopodia.
- Authors: Takkunen M, Hukkanen M, Liljeström M, Grenman R, Virtanen I
- Issue date: 2010 Jun
- A new role for cortactin in invadopodia: regulation of protease secretion.
- Authors: Clark ES, Weaver AM
- Issue date: 2008 Sep