Five-year results of brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
Illidge, Timothy M
AffiliationRobert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, IL, United States
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis pivotal phase 2 study evaluated the safety and efficacy of brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma (ALCL). After a median observation period of approximately 6 years from first treatment, we examined the durability of remission, progression-free survival (PFS), overall survival (OS), and safety outcomes of patients treated on this trial. Among all enrolled patients (N=58), no progressions were observed beyond 40 months, and median OS was not reached. Patients with a complete response (CR), as assessed by the investigator (38 of 58, 66%), continued to demonstrate improved outcomes with neither median OS nor PFS reached. Of the 38 CR patients, 16 received a consolidative stem cell transplant (SCT) with median PFS not reached. Among patients who were on-study and in-remission at study closure, 16 patients had not received any new treatment after single-agent brentuximab vedotin other than consolidative SCT. Among this subset of 16, 8 patients received SCT, and the remaining 8 patients (14% of all enrolled patients) remained in sustained remission without consolidative SCT or any new anticancer therapy. Thirty-three patients experienced peripheral neuropathy, among whom, the majority (30 of 33, 91%) had experienced resolution or improvement at their last assessment. These final results, demonstrating a high rate of peripheral neuropathy resolution, and durable remissions in a subset of patients with relapsed or refractory systemic ALCL, provide evidence that single-agent brentuximab vedotin may be a potentially curative treatment option. This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00866047.
CitationFive-year results of brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma. 2017, Blood
DescriptionLymphoma Research Team
- Brentuximab vedotin plus bendamustine in relapsed or refractory Hodgkin's lymphoma: an international, multicentre, single-arm, phase 1-2 trial.
- Authors: O'Connor OA, Lue JK, Sawas A, Amengual JE, Deng C, Kalac M, Falchi L, Marchi E, Turenne I, Lichtenstein R, Rojas C, Francescone M, Schwartz L, Cheng B, Savage KJ, Villa D, Crump M, Prica A, Kukreti V, Cremers S, Connors JM, Kuruvilla J
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Outcome of patients with relapsed or refractory anaplastic large cell lymphoma who have failed brentuximab vedotin.
- Authors: Chihara D, Wong S, Feldman T, Fanale MA, Sanchez L, Connors JM, Savage KJ, Oki Y
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Five-year survival and durability results of brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Authors: Chen R, Gopal AK, Smith SE, Ansell SM, Rosenblatt JD, Savage KJ, Connors JM, Engert A, Larsen EK, Huebner D, Fong A, Younes A
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 22
- Allogeneic transplant following brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma.
- Authors: Illidge T, Bouabdallah R, Chen R, Gopal AK, Moskowitz CH, Ramchandren R, Shustov AR, Tilly H, Trippett TM, Gibb A, Grove LE, Advani R
- Issue date: 2015 Mar
- The European Medicines Agency Review of Brentuximab Vedotin (Adcetris) for the Treatment of Adult Patients With Relapsed or Refractory CD30+ Hodgkin Lymphoma or Systemic Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma: Summary of the Scientific Assessment of the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use.
- Authors: Gravanis I, Tzogani K, van Hennik P, de Graeff P, Schmitt P, Mueller-Berghaus J, Salmonson T, Gisselbrecht C, Laane E, Bergmann L, Pignatti F
- Issue date: 2016 Jan