Real-world effectiveness of brentuximab vedotin versus physicians' choice chemotherapy in patients with relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma following autologous stem cell transplantation in the United Kingdom and Germany.
Illidge, Timothy M
AffiliationMillennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited , Cambridge , MA , USA
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis retrospective study compared effectiveness of (brentuximab vedotin) BV to other chemotherapies in patients with rrHL following an autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT). Data originated from a medical chart review of patients treated in real-world clinical settings at 50 sites in the United Kingdom and Germany. Inverse probability of treatment weights based on propensity scores were used to adjust for differences in baseline characteristics between treatment groups. Among 312 rrHL patients included, 196 received BV and 116 received physicians' choice chemotherapy. Median PFS was significantly longer (27.0 months vs. 13.4 months; p = .0144) and 12-month OS survival greater (78.1% vs. 65.9%; p = .0129) with BV compared to chemotherapy. Documented adverse events included leukopenia (12.8%) and peripheral neuropathy (8.7%) for BV and leukopenia (12.1%), anemia (5.2%) and diarrhea (5.2%) for chemotherapy. In this real-world study, rrHL patients treated for relapse after ASCT with BV had longer median PFS and 12-month OS than patients receiving chemotherapy.
CitationReal-world effectiveness of brentuximab vedotin versus physicians' choice chemotherapy in patients with relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphoma following autologous stem cell transplantation in the United Kingdom and Germany. 2017, Leuk Lymphoma
JournalLeukemia & Lymphoma
- Brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory Hodgkin lymphoma who are Ineligible for autologous stem cell transplant: A Germany and United Kingdom retrospective study.
- Authors: Bröckelmann PJ, Zagadailov EA, Corman SL, Chirikov V, Johnson C, Macahilig C, Seal B, Dalal MR, Illidge T
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Brentuximab vedotin as salvage treatment in Hodgkin lymphoma naïve transplant patients or failing ASCT: the real life experience of Rete Ematologica Pugliese (REP).
- Authors: Pavone V, Mele A, Carlino D, Specchia G, Gaudio F, Perrone T, Mazza P, Palazzo G, Guarini A, Loseto G, Eleonora P, Cascavilla N, Scalzulli P, Melpignano A, Quintana G, Di Renzo N, Tarantini G, Capalbo S
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Results of a Multicenter Phase II Trial of Brentuximab Vedotin as Second-Line Therapy before Autologous Transplantation in Relapsed/Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma.
- Authors: Chen R, Palmer JM, Martin P, Tsai N, Kim Y, Chen BT, Popplewell L, Siddiqi T, Thomas SH, Mott M, Sahebi F, Armenian S, Leonard J, Nademanee A, Forman SJ
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Brentuximab vedotin as consolidation therapy after autologous stem-cell transplantation in patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma at risk of relapse or progression (AETHERA): a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Moskowitz CH, Nademanee A, Masszi T, Agura E, Holowiecki J, Abidi MH, Chen AI, Stiff P, Gianni AM, Carella A, Osmanov D, Bachanova V, Sweetenham J, Sureda A, Huebner D, Sievers EL, Chi A, Larsen EK, Hunder NN, Walewski J, AETHERA Study Group.
- Issue date: 2015 May 9
- Brentuximab Vedotin in Transplant-Naïve Relapsed/Refractory Hodgkin Lymphoma: Experience in 30 Patients.
- Authors: Zinzani PL, Pellegrini C, Cantonetti M, Re A, Pinto A, Pavone V, Rigacci L, Celli M, Broccoli A, Argnani L, Pulsoni A
- Issue date: 2015 Dec