Emerging treatment paradigms in brain metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer: an overview of the current landscape and challenges ahead.
AffiliationDepartment of Oncology, University College London Hospital, London, England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAdvances in the last decade in genomic profiling and the identification of druggable targets amenable to biological agents, has transformed the management and survival of a subgroup of patients with brain metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer. In parallel, clinicians have re-evaluated the role of whole brain radiotherapy in selected patients with brain metastases to reduce neurocognitive toxicity. Continual progress in this understudied field is required: optimisation of the sequence of schedules for therapies in patients with brain metastases of differing genomic profiles, focusing on new strategies to overcome mechanisms of biological resistance and increasing drug penetrability into the central nervous system. This review summarises the field to date and possible treatment strategies based on current evidence.
CitationEmerging treatment paradigms in brain metastasis in non-small cell lung cancer: an overview of the current landscape and challenges ahead. 2017, Ann Oncol
JournalAnnals of Oncology
- Management of brain metastases in non-small cell lung cancer in the era of tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
- Authors: Wrona A, Dziadziuszko R, Jassem J
- Issue date: 2018 Dec
- [Research progress of targeted therapy in non-small cell lung cancer brain metastases].
- Authors: Jiang T, Zhou C
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Systemic treatments for brain metastases from breast cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, melanoma and renal cell carcinoma: an overview of the literature.
- Authors: Lombardi G, Di Stefano AL, Farina P, Zagonel V, Tabouret E
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Patient-derived xenografts from non-small cell lung cancer brain metastases are valuable translational platforms for the development of personalized targeted therapy.
- Authors: Lee HW, Lee JI, Lee SJ, Cho HJ, Song HJ, Jeong DE, Seo YJ, Shin S, Joung JG, Kwon YJ, Choi YL, Park WY, Lee HM, Seol HJ, Shim YM, Joo KM, Nam DH
- Issue date: 2015 Mar 1
- ELMO3: a direct driver of cancer metastasis?
- Authors: Kristensen LS, Søes S, Hansen LL
- Issue date: 2014