UK Quantitative WB-DWI Technical Workgroup: consensus meeting recommendations on optimisation, quality control, processing and analysis of quantitative whole-body diffusion weighted imaging for cancer.
O'Connor, James P B
AffiliationCentre for Medical Imaging, University College London, London, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractApplication of whole body diffusion weighted MRI (WB-DWI) for oncology are rapidly increasing within both research and routine clinical domains. However, WB-DWI as a quantitative imaging biomarker (QIB) has significantly slower adoption. To date challenges relating to accuracy and reproducibility, essential criteria for a good QIB, have limited widespread clinical translation. In recognition, a UK workgroup was established in 2016 to provide technical consensus guidelines (to maximise accuracy and reproducibility of WB-MRI QIBs) and accelerate the clinical translation of quantitative WB-DWI applications for oncology.
CitationUK Quantitative WB-DWI Technical Workgroup: consensus meeting recommendations on optimisation, quality control, processing and analysis of quantitative whole-body diffusion weighted imaging for cancer. 2017, Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Quantitative imaging biomarkers alliance (QIBA) recommendations for improved precision of DWI and DCE-MRI derived biomarkers in multicenter oncology trials.
- Authors: Shukla-Dave A, Obuchowski NA, Chenevert TL, Jambawalikar S, Schwartz LH, Malyarenko D, Huang W, Noworolski SM, Young RJ, Shiroishi MS, Kim H, Coolens C, Laue H, Chung C, Rosen M, Boss M, Jackson EF
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Role of whole-body MRI for treatment response assessment in multiple myeloma: comparison between clinical response and imaging response.
- Authors: Park HY, Kim KW, Yoon MA, Lee MH, Chae EJ, Lee JH, Chung HW, Yoon DH
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 30
- Whole-Body Diffusion Imaging Applying Simultaneous Multi-Slice Excitation.
- Authors: Kenkel D, Wurnig MC, Filli L, Ulbrich EJ, Runge VM, Beck T, Boss A
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- 18F-FDG PET/CT and whole-body MRI diagnostic performance in M staging for non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Machado Medeiros T, Altmayer S, Watte G, Zanon M, Basso Dias A, Henz Concatto N, Hoefel Paes J, Mattiello R, de Souza Santos F, Mohammed TL, Verma N, Hochhegger B
- Issue date: 2020 Jul
- Feasibility of whole-body diffusion-weighted MRI for detection of primary tumour, nodal and distant metastases in women with cancer during pregnancy: a pilot study.
- Authors: Han SN, Amant F, Michielsen K, De Keyzer F, Fieuws S, Van Calsteren K, Dresen RC, Gziri MM, Vandecaveye V
- Issue date: 2018 May