Research gaps in the management and prevention of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in organ transplant recipients.
AffiliationDepartment of Dermatology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, U.S.A
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlthough tremendous progress has been made in recent years in skin cancer care for organ transplant recipients, significant gaps remain in data-driven clinical guidelines, particularly for the treatment and prevention of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC), the most common malignancy among this population. In this review, we aim to summarize current knowledge around the management of cSCC and highlight the most significant gaps in knowledge that continue to pose challenges in the delivery of skin cancer care for organ transplant recipients. We suggest future directions for research that will bridge existing gaps and establish evidence-driven guidelines for primary prevention, screening and treatment of cSCC in this high-risk patient population.
CitationResearch gaps in the management and prevention of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma in organ transplant recipients. 2017, Br J Dermatol
JournalThe British Journal of Dermatology
- Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: Management of advanced and high-stage tumors.
- Authors: Que SKT, Zwald FO, Schmults CD
- Issue date: 2018 Feb
- Reducing skin malignancy risk in organ transplant recipients.
- Authors: Francis S, Berg D
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- Cutaneous squamous cell carcinomas in solid organ transplant recipients: emerging strategies for surveillance, staging, and treatment.
- Authors: Kim C, Cheng J, Colegio OR
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Risk prediction tools for keratinocyte carcinoma after solid organ transplantation: a review of the literature.
- Authors: Lowenstein SE, Garrett G, Toland AE, Jambusaria-Pahlajani A, Asgari MM, Green A, Engels EA, Arron ST, National Cancer Institute Keratinocyte Carcinoma Consortium.
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Skin cancer in solid organ transplant recipients: advances in therapy and management: part II. Management of skin cancer in solid organ transplant recipients.
- Authors: O'Reilly Zwald F, Brown M
- Issue date: 2011 Aug