Development of (4-cyanophenyl) glycine derivatives as reversible inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1.
AuthorsMould, Daniel P
Jordan, Allan M
Somervaille, Tim C P
Spencer, Gary J
Ogilvie, Donald J
AffiliationDrug Discovery Unit, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester , Wilmslow Road, Manchester, M20 4BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInhibition of lysine specific demethylase 1 (LSD1) has been shown to induce the differentiation of leukemia stem cells in acute myeloid leukemia (AML). Irreversible inhibitors developed from the nonspecific inhibitor tranylcypromine have entered clinical trials; however, the development of effective reversible inhibitors has proved more challenging. Herein, we describe our efforts to identify reversible inhibitors of LSD1 from a high throughput screen and subsequent in silico modeling approaches. From a single hit (12) validated by biochemical and biophysical assays, we describe our efforts to develop acyclic scaffold-hops from GSK-690 (1). A further scaffold modification to a (4-cyanophenyl)glycinamide (e.g., 29a) led to the development of compound 32, with a Kd value of 32 nM and an EC50 value of 0.67 μM in a surrogate cellular biomarker assay. Moreover, this derivative does not display the same level of hERG liability as observed with 1 and represents a promising lead for further development.
CitationDevelopment of (4-cyanophenyl) glycine derivatives as reversible inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1. 2017, 60 (19):7984-7999 J Med Chem
JournalJournal of Medicinal Chemistry
- New tranylcypromine derivatives containing sulfonamide motif as potent LSD1 inhibitors to target acute myeloid leukemia: Design, synthesis and biological evaluation.
- Authors: Liang L, Wang H, Du Y, Luo B, Meng N, Cen M, Huang P, Ganesan A, Wen S
- Issue date: 2020 Jun
- Structure-activity studies on N-Substituted tranylcypromine derivatives lead to selective inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1 (LSD1) and potent inducers of leukemic cell differentiation.
- Authors: Schulz-Fincke J, Hau M, Barth J, Robaa D, Willmann D, Kürner A, Haas J, Greve G, Haydn T, Fulda S, Lübbert M, Lüdeke S, Berg T, Sippl W, Schüle R, Jung M
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 20
- Development and evaluation of 4-(pyrrolidin-3-yl)benzonitrile derivatives as inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1.
- Authors: Mould DP, Bremberg U, Jordan AM, Geitmann M, McGonagle AE, Somervaille TCP, Spencer GJ, Ogilvie DJ
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 15
- CD86 expression as a surrogate cellular biomarker for pharmacological inhibition of the histone demethylase lysine-specific demethylase 1.
- Authors: Lynch JT, Cockerill MJ, Hitchin JR, Wiseman DH, Somervaille TC
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 1
- Design, synthesis and in vitro evaluation of stilbene derivatives as novel LSD1 inhibitors for AML therapy.
- Authors: Duan Y, Qin W, Suo F, Zhai X, Guan Y, Wang X, Zheng Y, Liu H
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 15