Development and evaluation of 4-(pyrrolidin-3-yl)benzonitrile derivatives as inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1.
AuthorsMould, Daniel P
Jordan, Allan M
McGonagle, Alison E
Somervaille, Tim C P
Spencer, Gary J
Ogilvie, Donald J
AffiliationDrug Discovery Unit, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs part of our ongoing efforts to develop reversible inhibitors of LSD1, we identified a series of 4-(pyrrolidin-3-yl)benzonitrile derivatives that act as successful scaffold-hops of the literature inhibitor GSK-690. The most active compound, 21g, demonstrated a Kd value of 22nM and a biochemical IC50 of 57nM. In addition, this compound displayed improved selectivity over the hERG ion channel compared to GSK-690, and no activity against the related enzymes MAO-A and B. In human THP-1 acute myeloid leukaemia cells, 21g was found to increase the expression of the surrogate cellular biomarker CD86. This work further demonstrates the versatility of scaffold-hopping asa method to develop structurally diverse, potent inhibitors of LSD1.
CitationDevelopment and evaluation of 4-(pyrrolidin-3-yl)benzonitrile derivatives as inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1. 2017, 27 (20):4755-4759 Bioorg Med Chem Lett
JournalBioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters
- Development of 5-hydroxypyrazole derivatives as reversible inhibitors of lysine specific demethylase 1.
- Authors: Mould DP, Bremberg U, Jordan AM, Geitmann M, Maiques-Diaz A, McGonagle AE, Small HF, Somervaille TCP, Ogilvie D
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 15
- Design, synthesis and in vitro evaluation of stilbene derivatives as novel LSD1 inhibitors for AML therapy.
- Authors: Duan Y, Qin W, Suo F, Zhai X, Guan Y, Wang X, Zheng Y, Liu H
- Issue date: 2018 Dec 15
- Discovery of resveratrol derivatives as novel LSD1 inhibitors: Design, synthesis and their biological evaluation.
- Authors: Duan YC, Guan YY, Zhai XY, Ding LN, Qin WP, Shen DD, Liu XQ, Sun XD, Zheng YC, Liu HM
- Issue date: 2017 Jan 27
- Development of (4-Cyanophenyl)glycine Derivatives as Reversible Inhibitors of Lysine Specific Demethylase 1.
- Authors: Mould DP, Alli C, Bremberg U, Cartic S, Jordan AM, Geitmann M, Maiques-Diaz A, McGonagle AE, Somervaille TCP, Spencer GJ, Turlais F, Ogilvie D
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 12
- Identifying the novel inhibitors of lysine-specific demethylase 1 (LSD1) combining pharmacophore-based and structure-based virtual screening.
- Authors: Sun XD, Zheng YC, Ma CY, Yang J, Gao QB, Yan Y, Wang ZZ, Li W, Zhao W, Liu HM, Ding L
- Issue date: 2019 Oct