Risk prediction tools for keratinocyte carcinoma after solid organ transplantation: a review of the literature.
AuthorsLowenstein, S E
Toland, A E
Asgari, M M
Green, Adèle C
Engels, E A
Arron, S T
AffiliationDepartment of Dermatology, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco,
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLong-term iatrogenic immunosuppression increases the risk of cutaneous malignancies in organ transplant recipients (OTRs), particularly the keratinocyte cancers basal cell carcinoma and cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (cSCC). cSCC is the most common malignancy in OTRs, with the risk increased to over 65-fold in transplanted patients relative to the general population. There have been very few risk prediction tools developed for accurate determination of the risk of developing keratinocyte cancers in the OTR population. This review summarizes the prediction tools developed to date, and outlines future directions for developing more accurate prediction models that are clinically useful for the transplant physician and dermatologist.
CitationRisk prediction tools for keratinocyte carcinoma after solid organ transplantation: a review of the literature. 2017, Br J Dermatol
JournalThe British Journal of Dermatology
- Declining incidence of keratinocyte carcinoma in organ transplant recipients.
- Authors: Menzies S, O'Leary E, Callaghan G, Galligan M, Deady S, Gadallah B, Lenane P, Lally A, Houlihan DD, Morris PG, Sexton DJ, McCormick PA, Egan JJ, O'Neill JP, Conlon PJ, Moloney FJ
- Issue date: 2019 Nov
- Keratinocyte cancer and its precursors in organ transplant patients.
- Authors: Jenni D, Hofbauer GF
- Issue date: 2015
- Risk of Second Malignancies in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients Who Develop Keratinocyte Cancers.
- Authors: Zamoiski RD, Yanik E, Gibson TM, Cahoon EK, Madeleine MM, Lynch CF, Gustafson S, Goodman MT, Skeans M, Israni AK, Engels EA, Morton LM
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 1
- Overview on non-melanoma skin cancers in solid organ transplant recipients.
- Authors: Forchetti G, Suppa M, Del Marmol V
- Issue date: 2014 Aug
- Management of non-melanoma skin cancer in solid organ transplant recipients.
- Authors: Specchio F, Saraceno R, Chimenti S, Nistico S
- Issue date: 2014 Jan-Mar