AffiliationDivision of Cancer Sciences, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, University of Manchester, Manchester Cancer Research Centre Building, 555 Wilmslow Road, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSAMHD1 (sterile α motif and histidine (H) aspartate (D) domain-containing protein 1) is known for its antiviral activity of hydrolysing deoxynucleotides required for virus replication. Daddacha et al. identify a hydrolase-independent, moonlighting function of SAMHD1 that facilitates homologous recombination of DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs) by promoting recruitment of C-terminal binding protein interacting protein (CTIP), a DNA-end resection factor, to damaged DNA. These findings could benefit anticancer treatment.
CitationSAMHD1 sheds moonlight on DNA double-strand break repair. 2017, Trends Genet.
JournalTrends in Genetics : TIG
- SAMHD1 Promotes DNA End Resection to Facilitate DNA Repair by Homologous Recombination.
- Authors: Daddacha W, Koyen AE, Bastien AJ, Head PE, Dhere VR, Nabeta GN, Connolly EC, Werner E, Madden MZ, Daly MB, Minten EV, Whelan DR, Schlafstein AJ, Zhang H, Anand R, Doronio C, Withers AE, Shepard C, Sundaram RK, Deng X, Dynan WS, Wang Y, Bindra RS, Cejka P, Rothenberg E, Doetsch PW, Kim B, Yu DS
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 22
- CTCF cooperates with CtIP to drive homologous recombination repair of double-strand breaks.
- Authors: Hwang SY, Kang MA, Baik CJ, Lee Y, Hang NT, Kim BG, Han JS, Jeong JH, Park D, Myung K, Lee JS
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 26
- Release of Ku and MRN from DNA ends by Mre11 nuclease activity and Ctp1 is required for homologous recombination repair of double-strand breaks.
- Authors: Langerak P, Mejia-Ramirez E, Limbo O, Russell P
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Alignment of Homologous Chromosomes and Effective Repair of Programmed DNA Double-Strand Breaks during Mouse Meiosis Require the Minichromosome Maintenance Domain Containing 2 (MCMDC2) Protein.
- Authors: Finsterbusch F, Ravindranathan R, Dereli I, Stanzione M, Tränkner D, Tóth A
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- IDN2 Interacts with RPA and Facilitates DNA Double-Strand Break Repair by Homologous Recombination in Arabidopsis.
- Authors: Liu M, Ba Z, Costa-Nunes P, Wei W, Li L, Kong F, Li Y, Chai J, Pontes O, Qi Y
- Issue date: 2017 Mar