Afatinib beyond progression in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer following chemotherapy, erlotinib/gefitinib and afatinib: phase III randomized LUX-Lung 5 trial.
Yang, J C-H
De Marinis, F
Chand, V K
Summers, Yvonne J
AffiliationWest German Cancer Center, University Hospital Essen, University Duisburg-Essen, Essen German Cancer Research Center, German Cancer Consortium (DKTK), Heidelberg, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAfatinib has demonstrated clinical benefit in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer progressing after treatment with erlotinib/gefitinib. This phase III trial prospectively assessed whether continued irreversible ErbB-family blockade with afatinib plus paclitaxel has superior outcomes versus switching to chemotherapy alone in patients acquiring resistance to erlotinib/gefitinib and afatinib monotherapy.
CitationAfatinib beyond progression in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer following chemotherapy, erlotinib/gefitinib and afatinib: phase III randomized LUX-Lung 5 trial. 2016, 27 (3):417-23 Ann. Oncol.
JournalAnnals of oncology : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology
- First-line treatment of advanced epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation positive non-squamous non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Greenhalgh J, Dwan K, Boland A, Bates V, Vecchio F, Dundar Y, Jain P, Green JA
- Issue date: 2016 May 25
- LUX-Lung 4: a phase II trial of afatinib in patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer who progressed during prior treatment with erlotinib, gefitinib, or both.
- Authors: Katakami N, Atagi S, Goto K, Hida T, Horai T, Inoue A, Ichinose Y, Koboyashi K, Takeda K, Kiura K, Nishio K, Seki Y, Ebisawa R, Shahidi M, Yamamoto N
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 20
- Continued use of afatinib with the addition of cetuximab after progression on afatinib in patients with EGFR mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer and acquired resistance to gefitinib or erlotinib.
- Authors: Horn L, Gettinger S, Camidge DR, Smit EF, Janjigian YY, Miller VA, Pao W, Freiwald M, Fan J, Wang B, Chand VK, Groen HJM
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Afatinib versus gefitinib in patients with EGFR mutation-positive advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: overall survival data from the phase IIb LUX-Lung 7 trial.
- Authors: Paz-Ares L, Tan EH, O'Byrne K, Zhang L, Hirsh V, Boyer M, Yang JC, Mok T, Lee KH, Lu S, Shi Y, Lee DH, Laskin J, Kim DW, Laurie SA, Kölbeck K, Fan J, Dodd N, Märten A, Park K
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 1
- A phase III, randomized, open-label study of ASP8273 versus erlotinib or gefitinib in patients with advanced stage IIIB/IV non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Kelly RJ, Shepherd FA, Krivoshik A, Jie F, Horn L
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 1